DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

12th April 2018 - New CrystalSky firmware on the DJI CS website

I too am not liking the experience with the crystal sky 5.5 but i am learning to live with it and just accept that no product is perfect. Some of the issues I have with the CS on this version are:
- Overheating, fan noise
- random disconnects and pixelation issues with mavic air video stream
- lots of pixelation, garbled video when using the mavic pro on 0300 firmware. Occurs randomly, no matter the distance
- lack of flight path, sats and other telemetry in the flight records with this firmware version
- Also with the mavic pro, during one flight, the CS lost the video stream (not the control link) and would not come back even with reinserting the usb cable, restarting the app, clearing memory etc. video only came back when i restarted the CS unit after i landed the mavic pro. talk about frustrating!!! Thank god, it just happened once. There were no other sources of EMF as this was over a large isolated area over water.

I have just factory reset and cleared everything on my CS 5.5 and will try these tests again and report back on my findings.

I too am not liking the experience with the crystal sky 5.5 but i am learning to live with it and just accept that no product is perfect. Some of the issues I have with the CS on this version are:
- Overheating, fan noise
- random disconnects and pixelation issues with mavic air video stream
- lots of pixelation, garbled video when using the mavic pro on 0300 firmware. Occurs randomly, no matter the distance
- lack of flight path, sats and other telemetry in the flight records with this firmware version
- Also with the mavic pro, during one flight, the CS lost the video stream (not the control link) and would not come back even with reinserting the usb cable, restarting the app, clearing memory etc. video only came back when i restarted the CS unit after i landed the mavic pro. talk about frustrating!!! Thank god, it just happened once. There were no other sources of EMF as this was over a large isolated area over water.

I have just factory reset and cleared everything on my CS 5.5 and will try these tests again and report back on my findings.

Feel your pain. I have the same issues (I have a Mavic Pro).

You'd think that being that the CS unit is DJI hardware running DJI software, that you'd get a premium product experience!

The only reason I'm still using it, is that I love the bright display and battery life.

Cheers

Im still on previous FW and the only problem I see with mine is the video lag which after a few restarts of djigo goes away but not always which is very fursttating on set when everybody waits for me to takeoff.
Anyway I think that the firmware before mine was the best working one 02.04.02.00.

I am still on 02.04.02.00 and I am going to stay with it until DJI sort this out, these are not cheap screens and we should not be having such a wide range of issues.

Reactions: TKR_Bones
Same mess here with the bigger ultra, I’d send it back if I could. I was worried about software glitches with it not being iOS. I said to myself, how bad could it be, well it sucks but I guess I’m a slow learner. I bought the first batch of Mavic Pros built after the first batch sold out and have compass errors when I pan down used to have high speed compass errors until I twisted rear motor wires that took care of that. Should of waited.
Now I’m debating weather to renew the care offer before the end of the month and see about returning it for a refurbished but that opens up another bunch of possible problems.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming