DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

13.7km from home point, no loss of signal video

This is all stock and on iOS device, without any funny business anywhere.

I really thought it’d run out of signal around the 9-10km mark and hadn’t allowed for enough area to test further. Mighty impressed by occusync 2.0

Bloody Good Job Sir!

I'd love to give that a go but I need somewhere with no other interference, hard to find in the UK where I am :-(

Thanks for sharing dude

I still didn’t actually lose video signal, I just ran out of space to safely get back.

Really, really impressive.

Besides video, what also impressed me was that I had 100% solid RC control even when way out of LOS.

It would be great to station a friend at about 7 miles who could change out the battery for you. Then you could take off and go until you really almost lose the signal.

Here’s just the video, in 4K, with the only bit changed, being me cutting out the 12mins it spent parked, waiting for me to find it’s exact location(used its gps pos and the last cached vid to determine which bush I parked near) it’s hard using horizontal POV against the vertical one of the drone!

I never got vid signal back after landing, but had RC signal the whole time. Used warmer/colder game with the signal bars on the small lcd!

Reactions: JDawg
App doesn't impose a horizontal limit.
There is a 500m AGL height limit relative to launch point.
You can enable and set distance limit, but not mandatory.

I normally have rth off, but for this flight i turned it on, so I knew which path to follow if I did truly lose track of it.

Reactions: DarthSLR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique