DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

15 m restriction for mavic mini 2 India

So what are your challenges?
Are you aware of changeing the g_config_flying_height_limit?
As soon as you change it and fly your bird, it resets to default value of 15M once the home point is updated,
But if you take of the drone from a place where it cant set the home location like in side an appartment with no Wifi/aeroplane mode and fly to open place and reach the desired height in sports mode.
Timing is important you need to reach your desired height before it updates the home location. I have done it few times.

Are you aware of changeing the g_config_flying_height_limit?
As soon as you change it and fly your bird, it resets to default value of 15M once the home point is updated,
But if you take of the drone from a place where it cant set the home location like in side an appartment with no Wifi/aeroplane mode and fly to open place and reach the desired height in sports mode.
Timing is important you need to reach your desired height before it updates the home location. I have done it few times.
I tried couple of times it doesn't work

I tried couple of times it doesn't work
Use Fly GPS App on Android.
Set mobile GPS location to US using the Fly GPS app.
Hack the drone using drone-hacks.com ( Set Altitude to 300m )
Take off the drone from parking area ( for example ) where there are no GPS signal.

It will fly and reach max 300m .

Try it and let us know .

Don't waste time on iOS app. Get android phone if you dont have .

Use Fly GPS App on Android.
Set mobile GPS location to US using the Fly GPS app.
Hack the drone using drone-hacks.com ( Set Altitude to 300m )
Take off the drone from parking area ( for example ) where there are no GPS signal.

It will fly and reach max 300m .

Try it and let us know .

Don't waste time on iOS app. Get android phone if you dont have .
Brother how to hack the drone using drone-hacks?

Hello, I have been trying to remove the 15m hight limit on my mavic mini2, was sucessful and used the drone to push its limits, but se have to fly some challenges, I would love to share the details if you are intrested.
Hellow sir , I am also in same position, as I updated my mini 2 on startup ,now it's showing the 15 meter height restrictions, which upset my for choosing this mini2, will appreciate if you guide me some trick or help
Regards

Hi,

I have already invested and bought mavic mini 2 . After i bought came to know we are stucked at 15 m. Mini1 has solution with old updates but any idea for mini2.
Kindly help me
Bro , have u find some solutions for mini 2,
I am also in same boat with 15 meter restrictions.

Regardless of whether that limitation is 15 meters altitude, or 15 meters downrange, such a draconian limitation is ridiculous and absurd. This drone BAN will certainly discourage a lot of tourists from visiting India, since so many people use drones to record their vacations.

No point in owning a GPS drone, when you cannot send it further than 15 meters up or away. Whoever came up with that ban is obviously very deficient in the cognitive department, and would benefit from a vigorous flogging.
I contacted an officer at DGCA. He told me to contact the Operations team of the newly formed Drone Directorate and gave me their email-ids.
I have already mailed them. Got no reply till now.
Do you want me to post their e-mail ids here so that all of you can mail them about our problem regarding the altitude lock on Nano Category Drones?

I contacted an officer at DGCA. He told me to contact the Operations team of the newly formed Drone Directorate and gave me their email-ids.
I have already mailed them. Got no reply till now.
Do you want me to post their e-mail ids here so that all of you can mail them about our problem regarding the altitude lock on Nano Category Drones?
Yes ! Post their email here ! Also can anyone start petition on change.org ?

Yes ! Post their email here ! Also can anyone start petition on change.org ?
I request every Indian in this thread to respectfully email these officials as they actually have the power to change the rule.
Let's hope, they will help us...
I have already mailed them. Still got no reply.

1. Sh. R. P. Kashyap, Director (OPS), Drone Directorate - [email protected]
2. Sh. V. Santhanam, Dy. Director (OPS), Drone Directorate- [email protected]
3. Mrs. Rashmi, Asstt. Director (OPS), Drone Directorate - [email protected]
4. Sh. O. P. Meena, Airworthiness Officer, Drone Directorate- [email protected]

Edit: These email-ids were sent to me by Pramod R. NagareAssistant Director (OPS), Air Transport Directorate O/o DGCA. I could not find these ids directly on the DGCA website.

I request every Indian in this thread to respectfully email these officials as they actually have the power to change the rule.

Edit: These email-ids were sent to me by Pramod R. NagareAssistant Director (OPS), Air Transport Directorate O/o DGCA. I could not find these ids directly on the DGCA website.
Done.

Guys try writing an emotional mail guys stating the love of flight and how low we are feeling because of this law ...

Done.

Guys try writing an emotional mail guys stating the love of flight and how low we are feeling because of this law ...
If you get any reply, please post it here.

btw, which Drone do you have? Mini 1 or 2?
I have seen some videos on YouTube confirming that Mini 1 can be flown over 15m using the Rainbow app or the Litchi app. Rainbow app is Free to use.
DJI has not released its SDK for the Mini 2 YET. But as soon as DJI releases the SDK, 3rd party apps will also support the Mini 2.

If you get any reply, please post it here.

btw, which Drone do you have? Mini 1 or 2?
I have seen some videos on YouTube confirming that Mini 1 can be flown over 15m using the Rainbow app or the Litchi app. Rainbow app is Free to use.
DJI has not released its SDK for the Mini 2 YET. But as soon as DJI releases the SDK, 3rd party apps will also support the Mini 2.
Hey Athrva,

I had the Mini 1 which I sold and will be buying Mini 2 or Air 2 .

But the law is ridiculous . I will post the reply if I get one ( don't really think that I will get one )
The problem with SDK is that if the latest SDK is being used it will limit for 3rd party apps too.

I feel someone should start a Change.org petition or something.

I feel someone should start a Change.org petition or something.
The problem with the petition is that I don't think many people will support it...
I don't even know how many people in this thread have mailed at the previously posted email-ids.

When I contacted support at the Digital Sky platform, they too told me to Contact DGCA directly for any Suggestions or Complaints regarding the Laws. I think that is the better option because we actually know that those people have the power to change the rule.
Anyways, in both options, support from the community is required...

I have sent mail to given email Id

They replied : "Kindly work with made in India"

I have sent mail to given email Id

They replied : "Kindly work with made in India"
What!?!?!
This is Ridiculous!!
I didn't get any reply till now...
No one makes this caliber drones in India.
And even if they did, we would still have to fly drones under 250g under 15m.
This makes no sense to me.
Can you tell which officer replied that??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS