DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 1st. Full flight on Mini 2

Crash Gibby

Reactions
1st flight. Way under exposed. Should of started in Auto till I got a feel for Mini. Screen went dark on I phone. (not supposed to as I have changed all the setting to stop it.) Only hope to be as good as the other flyers and filmers on this site some day. Turns are too fast but I could not tell by watching the drone and screen was too dark. Ran it through Filmora X, 2 times to get it as bright as it is now. Well maybe better with time. All fun and hope not too boring for people. Was just nice to get a warm day and NO wind.

Last edited:
1st flight. Way under exposed. Should of started in Auto till I got a feel for Mini. Screen went dark on I phone. (not supposed to as I have changed all the setting to stop it.) Only hope to be as good as the other flyers and filmers on this site some day. Turns are too fast but I could not tell by watching the drone and screen was too dark. Ran it through Filmora X, 2 times to get it as bright as it is now. Well maybe better with time. All fun and hope not too boring for people. Was just nice to get a warm day and NO wind.
Boy I goofed yesterday I posted the wrong youtube address

Boy I goofed yesterday I posted the wrong youtube address
Well, it is 4 hours since this was posted and no one has commented yet, so let me be the first.

The first flight of a drone is a very exciting experience, and you immediately get caught up in the wonder of it all. After you have watched hundreds of drone You Tubes and clips on this forum you will learn the following;

Less is more. Absolutely nobody (well maybe your mom) will watch this for more than 3 minutes, and usually less.Try to tell you story in 2 to 3 minutes. The clip lengths can be longer than 3-5 seconds if you are telling a story- like following a car, train, etc. or exploring a very interesting subject. But generally, a clip length needs to be short, and lead to the next part of the story. Try to tell the story in sequence- e.g.: wide shot, mid shot, near shot, and chronologically. Don't came back and repeat the shot.

Edit OUT all of the jiggles, setting up the shot scenes, adjustments, yaws, wiggles, and when you are ready , cut all of that stuff out of the final film. Nobody want to see you aligning your shot.

I found your subject ( if that is your farm and property I really envy you the freedom of the space out there), to be quite interesting for a city slicker like me. Try to do some of the DJI shots such as spiral views of the cows, farm house, etc. Try to mix in some non-drone shots like hand held gimbal shots (OsmoPocket, Osmo Action, ) or DSLR of the house, the cows, etc.

The least thing that bothered me was your exposure which was quite acceptable of the part I watched (the first 1:34 minutes). Keep at it, have fun, enjoy it, watch a ton of videos.

Dale
Miami

Well, it is 4 hours since this was posted and no one has commented yet, so let me be the first.

The first flight of a drone is a very exciting experience, and you immediately get caught up in the wonder of it all. After you have watched hundreds of drone You Tubes and clips on this forum you will learn the following;

Less is more. Absolutely nobody (well maybe your mom) will watch this for more than 3 minutes, and usually less.Try to tell you story in 2 to 3 minutes. The clip lengths can be longer than 3-5 seconds if you are telling a story- like following a car, train, etc. or exploring a very interesting subject. But generally, a clip length needs to be short, and lead to the next part of the story. Try to tell the story in sequence- e.g.: wide shot, mid shot, near shot, and chronologically. Don't came back and repeat the shot.

Edit OUT all of the jiggles, setting up the shot scenes, adjustments, yaws, wiggles, and when you are ready , cut all of that stuff out of the final film. Nobody want to see you aligning your shot.

I found your subject ( if that is your farm and property I really envy you the freedom of the space out there), to be quite interesting for a city slicker like me. Try to do some of the DJI shots such as spiral views of the cows, farm house, etc. Try to mix in some non-drone shots like hand held gimbal shots (OsmoPocket, Osmo Action, ) or DSLR of the house, the cows, etc.

The least thing that bothered me was your exposure which was quite acceptable of the part I watched (the first 1:34 minutes). Keep at it, have fun, enjoy it, watch a ton of videos.

Dale
Miami
Thanks Dale. I really appreciate the feed back. I know my videos are too long. For me to get this 20 minute flight down to 5 Minutes is good. But I do know I have to work on that. Also in this video I could not see the darn screen on the camera . Just the arrows and blue line. so was totally VLOS flying It was hit and miss if I even had the camera pointed the right direction. I had to run the underexposure through my Filmora X program 2 times to get it this light. If I did a retake I would cut all the turns and shakes etc. out. The duplication as well. You are right about the 1st flight jitters. It was my 1st on the mini 2. Not the 1st on drones. I have over 100 videos on my Channel covering so many things. All are way too long. I am experimenting with all this stuff. I have an OSMO3 Gimbal., a 5 foot Monopod and a home made 10 Foot one. I have practices with fake drone shots, real drone shots, weddings, grads, you name it. I will be the 1st to admit I am very much in the beginner, learning stage of it all. My videos from the Phantom 3 of our golf course are even boring for me, but the guys I golf with like to see them. They could all be cut down to about 1/8 in length or more. I can only fly the Phantom over the back 9 as the front 9 is in the class E air space. . Same as my daughters farm. I do have a good variety of stuff thou. My Channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLbFDRuy-Gla1l3fGFxUKdA/videos
Thanks for advice and I am one of them guys that appreciates it, good or bad. Any other tips from anybody are welcomed. Also any tips on if the hoods over the phones to shade the screen do work.

I really enjoy this forum. Thanks all for having me.
Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu