DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st Mavic Flight - Impressive.. but some difficulties to be addressed..

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
Firstly, I'm in Long Island NY... 50 degree weather but fairly windy.. Winds varying up to 18-20mph gusts..

The maiden Mavic flight went well!, the wind warning immediately appeared on the app so i did not take her too high, & she did have a tough time fighting the wind heading back against it.. I put up my Phantom 1 as well to try a few things out... I have mostly grasped the Mavic functions but i have a few questions..

A) Is the Mavic able to track airborne targets? I tried to have it track the Phantom, but it never seemed to lock on successfully?? Anyone else if Mavics' are capable of air tracking?

B) When i went to land on dry asphalt, the Mavic didn't like that very much.. Kept refusing to auto-land so i had to manually land her..

C) I'm confused about recording... If i click record on the phone does that mean my phone records?? How do i get the Mavic to record on it's micro-usb instead of the phone?

D) How do i set the homepoint?? could not figure that out..

E) Does the Mavic record sound at all??

Just a few questions that i had after my 1st flight, any input would be appreciated!

A) Doesn't track airborne well. It appears to be designed to track objects on the ground. Others have tried the same test as you and it fails to stay locked on the phantom.

B) I always land by holding down the elevator stick (left stick). It will work every time. Perhaps the auto-land needs some texture or mark that it can focus on. Try to find an uneven colored patch or texture of the road.

C) Clicking record button will record video to the SD card on the craft.

D) Home point is set automatically upon GPS lock. You should wait until the app says "Home point recorded" and you see GPS mode on the top.

E) No. Sound is recorded in the cached video of your phone/tablet control device, but is from the mic of your control device. This is recently enabled with DJI go 4.05.

C) Okay because i clicked record on the DJI app & it recorded onto my phone, is this a setting i need to change?

Yes, video is recorded in both places, but the one on your controller device is much lower quality and resolution, at 720p. The one on craft is full quality.

You can also get cached 1080p vids.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929