DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

1st Time Drone Owners

Complaceny is what gets most into trouble. My first bird was a P3P followed by an Inspire 1 Pro now a Mavic. If you can fly one you can fly them all. All one has to do is carefully select a good, open location and use their head, the latter often is where problems quickly become reality. Good common sense proves to be a safe bet for both new and seasoned pilots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnmcl7 and Stix
well to quote you...you come off like an overweight kid with just your underpants behind the computer whilst sipping through your extra large coke....sorry, regular sugar-full coke. lol

do yourself a favor "kid"...just stay away from your keyboard for a few minutes...the embarassment will wear off naturally. ;)

oh and btw, i couldnt be more relaxed than a man lying on a beach on a sunny day with a glass of martini in his hands and a gorgeous middle aged woman next to him.
Wow... you really are coming off like a real douche.
Why don't you just leave it...

Wow... you really are coming off like a real douche.
Why don't you just leave it...

well lets join the bandwagon shall we...
did you even read the post that started this and the ones where i told him to drop it...numerous times?
with your handle and photo im guessing youre from down under. send me a PM and maybe we can fly together, thatll be fun.

Reactions: YelloJacketStatus
well lets join the bandwagon shall we...
did you even read the post that started this and the ones where i told him to drop it...numerous times?
with your handle and photo im guessing youre from down under. send me a PM and maybe we can fly together, thatll be fun.
May be so, but it seems to be that you are enjoying the opportunity to keep baiting him and bragging. It just isn't looking good. But hey, your a big boy, so I'll leave you to it

Reactions: Kestrel
Due to my "I need the best of the best" attitude, I've never had a cheap drone. Started on the original Phantom and went to the 2 and 3 Pro over the years before skipping the 4 to the Mavic. I've had friends buy cheap drones after seeing me fly and they have literally left them in park when we finished. Save your money on the trash that's out there and buy a used Phantom for a couple hundred if you want to learn and limit potential losses. Used P2 around $200, used P3 under $500. Even better since you can throw in Manual mode and give 0 F's

Reactions: jerniganbrandon
Due to my "I need the best of the best" attitude, I've never had a cheap drone. Started on the original Phantom and went to the 2 and 3 Pro over the years before skipping the 4 to the Mavic. I've had friends buy cheap drones after seeing me fly and they have literally left them in park when we finished. Save your money on the trash that's out there and buy a used Phantom for a couple hundred if you want to learn and limit potential losses. Used P2 around $200, used P3 under $500. Even better since you can throw in Manual mode and give 0 F's
There is a difference between cheap wanna be phantoms and cheap drones. The cheap wanna be phantoms like the cheerson cx-20 is a poor excuse for a drone, i bought one last year for around $350 thinking it will be just as good.. no that thing never would connect to gps right and the compass always needed calibrated. Cheap drones are stuff that dont have the bells and whistles and takes time and skill to fly.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

I think at the end of the day, you generally get what you pay for. We will also tend to spend what we can justify to ourselves for the purpose we want the technology for.

We all have the one thing in common, and that's the fascination with this multirotor things and the speed at which this technology is growing (and becoming more affordable).
Bragging about how much we make and how good we are doesn't really have a place as all it does is divide us, which certainly not the purpose of this forum)

So much better to read about others Success' like @Loggers amazing achievement of 400 flights 300 Flights
We learn from the success stories, and the problems others come across with the associated advice from the majority of our brothers and sisters here

^ thought this was done..you just wanna keep coming do ya?

again...PLEASE read the whole thread before you decide to stick your nose in somebody else' business.
i was insulted (well he tried) and then i replied calmly and ask him to stop and when i finally say something back im the "not so nice guy'?
you must have a hard time comprehending.

anyways, still waiting for your PM mate. lets stop this and fly together. ;)

My daughter didn't know what to get me for Christmas and she heard me say a drone might be fun and bought me my first quad and because it was all she could afford it was fairly inexpensive. It didn't last more than a couple months and was trashed but it got me hooked. I stepped up a little and bought a MJX X100. Have had a ball with it and can find all the spare parts I need (a lot). I have a field with a few trees and it always seems to end up in one. I've made a rope with a weight to throw up and retrieve and try again. Although it is a little frustrating I am learning a lot about orientation and feel so good when I can do a large figure eight. When I change to sport mode it takes a couple seconds to get orientated again but then good. One thing it is really teaching me though is not to panic when I screw up. So I guess because I have never flown it is helping me learn the basics. I do believe when I get my MP I'll be a little more confident from what I've learned with my cheap quad. To each his own and it may just boil down to what I believe works for me.
And by the way a little sparring never heart anyone. Lol
Happy flying what ever you fly.

Sent from my iPad mini 4

There's absolutely no need to buy a starter/beginniner drone before stepping up to a DJI quad. The Mavic and Phantom are both extremely easy to fly as long as one takes the time to research these forums and other online resources. It's those thst crack open the box first and think they can just read and learn later are the ones that are much more likely to have a mishap. Attempting to skip the learning process is likely going to result in a very costly error for those first time pilots.

I think Mavic can be a great first drone, but really people need to exercise common sense and read the instructions. With both of those things accomplished the Mavic is a great machine that is easy to fly. I'm sure there are more advance techniques that could be learned by flying less expensive (disposable) drones, but if you don't push your limits too far too fast with the Mavic you should be fine.

The magic is my first drone as well know and practice your limits of course you'll get brave confident trust me you will realize smartly you need to reel it in, it's called learning.
My first boat was a 36' sail boat never sailed a day in my life at least not by myself. Go big or go home !

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

There's absolutely no need to buy a starter/beginniner drone before stepping up to a DJI quad. The Mavic and Phantom are both extremely easy to fly as long as one takes the time to research these forums and other online resources. It's those thst crack open the box first and think they can just read and learn later are the ones that are much more likely to have a mishap. Attempting to skip the learning process is likely going to result in a very costly error for those first time pilots.

You don't need to but to learn the fundamentals of flight I think you do, Even in sport mode you have training wheels on.

^ thought this was done..you just wanna keep coming do ya?

again...PLEASE read the whole thread before you decide to stick your nose in somebody else' business.
i was insulted (well he tried) and then i replied calmly and ask him to stop and when i finally say something back im the "not so nice guy'?
you must have a hard time comprehending.

Dude. Wasn't aimed at you so pull your head in

You don't need to but to learn the fundamentals of flight I think you do, Even in sport mode you have training wheels on.
im not convinced the flying skills of a cheap mini with crap stabilisation and gyros transfers to the skills needed for the better drones. It's more the management of what you do and how you do it. If a mavic or a phantom get to the stage where they are handling like a $20 cheaply, then you have bigger problems

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass. I don't imagine either one of us would gain much from that. Plus I believe we are in different States

im not convinced the flying skills of a cheap mini with crap stabilisation and gyros transfers to the skills needed for the better drones. It's more the management of what you do and how you do it. If a mavic or a phantom get to the stage where they are handling like a $20 cheaply, then you have bigger problems
You can get a Syma X5C and learn on, a tad bit smaller than a Phantom but built like a tank, tons of people learned on those things. For a cheap quadcopter you really can't beat it. DJI will never be cheap, they are on the cutting edge of technology, for at-least right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview