DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Goggles, 1 Mavic - requires 2 remotes

Easy typo to make. People are used to typing google

Amazon.com: AnyCast M2 Plus HD 1080P Airplay Wifi Display TV Dongle Receiver DLNA Easy Sharing Mini TV Stick for Android IOS9 WINDOW: Home Audio & Theater
Dongle you need
Amazon.com: SahmSparks YLY0100 Lipstick-Sized 2600mAh External Battery Power Bank for Smart Phones and Tablets - Light Green: Cell Phones & Accessories
Power source to power the dongle
I also had to purchase a Female mini to Female mini hdmi adaptor.
Once you power up the dongle you will get a new wifi source on your phone or tablet, which you sign in the first time with the password provided with the dongle information which will be on the goggles display. Once you connect to the dongle wifi connection you swipe up from the bottom of your display and select AirPlay Mirroring, using the dongle wifi connection.

Here is a close up of my setup.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***

Hi Fred! What do you need the female mini hdmi to female mini hdmi cable for? And is it possible for you to post another picture of your setup maybe with it laying on a table? The picture you have posted from the Mavic camera is to blurry close up. Thanks!

Hi Fred! What do you need the female mini hdmi to female mini hdmi cable for? And is it possible for you to post another picture of your setup maybe with it laying on a table? The picture you have posted from the Mavic camera is to blurry close up. Thanks!
Sure, here is a layout of my setup. The female to female connector for me was to connect the mini male connector from the DJI Goggles to the mini male connector from the dongle. I suspect you could find a micro male to mini female cable and accomplish the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0770[2286].JPG
    IMG_0770[2286].JPG
    499.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: FPVme and Jaysjob
Sure, here is a layout of my setup. The female to female connector for me was to connect the mini male connector from the DJI Goggles to the mini male connector from the dongle. I suspect you could find a micro male to mini female cable and accomplish the same thing.

Thanks a lot! Did you have to buy the splitter that goes to the Anycast? And what is the black thing below the Anycast? Sorry for so many questions i ask because I'd like to your same setup.
5a5ad35dbb229306c7b2afeb8e5d103c.jpg

Thanks a lot! Did you have to buy the splitter that goes to the Anycast? And what is the black thing below the Anycast? Sorry for so many questions i ask because I'd like to your same setup.
5a5ad35dbb229306c7b2afeb8e5d103c.jpg
The splitter comes with the AnyCast, one goes to the power source the other to the antenna which is the black part you circled.

Reactions: Jaysjob
The splitter comes with the AnyCast, one goes to the power source the other to the antenna which is the black part you circled.

Thanks a lot Fred! And thank you for the links. I'm not sure how you figured this whole setup out but, it is very helpful! Nicely done.

Hi All, a complete newbie here - First post....
I’ve been flying model planes and sticking cameras on them for about 10 years or so. Since the Phantom came out I’ve been flying quadcopters and now have a Mavic Pro. I always fly FPV - almost exclusively to film water sports over open water. In the past I’ve always carried spare sets of goggles (not google’s :)) so that friends or interested bystanders can fly with me. I’m really struggling to understand why a piece of kit as sophisticated as the Mavic Pro can’t stream video only to a secondary set of goggles? Has anyone got an answer?
Also, I’ve been frustrated as hell trying to link two sets of goggles to the Mavic without something Either one of the sets of goggles or the controller) disconnecting. I don’t need to see anything on the phone as I’m flying FPV but I do need the controls.
Could anyone help by providing a detailed step by step on how to do this? There is one YouTube video which I’ve tried to follow several times but with no success.
Thanks all.

Hi All, a complete newbie here - First post....
I’ve been flying model planes and sticking cameras on them for about 10 years or so. Since the Phantom came out I’ve been flying quadcopters and now have a Mavic Pro. I always fly FPV - almost exclusively to film water sports over open water. In the past I’ve always carried spare sets of goggles (not google’s :)) so that friends or interested bystanders can fly with me. I’m really struggling to understand why a piece of kit as sophisticated as the Mavic Pro can’t stream video only to a secondary set of goggles? Has anyone got an answer?
Also, I’ve been frustrated as **** trying to link two sets of goggles to the Mavic without something Either one of the sets of goggles or the controller) disconnecting. I don’t need to see anything on the phone as I’m flying FPV but I do need the controls.
Could anyone help by providing a detailed step by step on how to do this? There is one YouTube video which I’ve tried to follow several times but with no success.
Thanks all.

Hi there.
I have had some success with this.
Here is my equipment despite the thread title, you do not need 2 remote.

2 DJI Goggles
1 Mavic Pro
1 Controller:

Here is what I did to link them.
Power On everything, Make sure that the RC Controller is connected to the ipad/phone that you're using.

On the goggles #1 (Main one)
Go to settings, Link DJI goggles (DO NOT DO THE QUICK LINK), Select Advance Linking, then 2 goggles then Primary.
After you hit confirm on the goggles, it will start the 60 second count down. Now use a small pin or something a hit the black button the rear right of the mavic (next to SD card slot).

If you did it right, it will show on the goggles #1 that you're linked it to it from Mavic <-> DJI Goggles #1, Now on the goggles it will ask if you want to link a controller.
Select yes, select primary controller and then hit confirm again It will count down to 60 seconds again.

Now go to the settings on the PHONE and hit link remote controller, select that and the RC will go into pairing mode and it will pair with the controller.

Now you should have the DJI Goggles #1 paired with mavic and controller, and your phone/ipad will have the usual DJI go app running but no live preview on the phone/ipad.

After that's all running.

Time to fire up the 2nd goggle.

On goggle #2, go to settings then advance linking, then 2 goggles, This time select it as secondary.
Hit confirm and it will count down again to 60.

Hit the black button on the mavic to pair it again with the 2nd goggle.
After that's done, select no remote.

Now the 2nd set of goggles will be able to see everything that you see, but it will not have gimble head track or anything like that.

I hope this helps. The items in the menu might be named slightly differently but I can confirm that this work and I used it all day this weekend with 2 goggles.

Basically primary flier with goggles and ipad / rc and 2nd passenger on 2nd set of goggles just looking for fun.

Reactions: PsiFox
Just be aware that the logic in this mode of operation is highly broken, and with the advanced linking should your primary goggles crash (freeze, reboot, shutdown which has happened a couple of times to me) you lose complete control of the aircraft until you reboot them (and potentially the rc / phone too).

• Sad
Reactions: RonSpooner
Hi there.
I have had some success with this.
Here is my equipment despite the thread title, you do not need 2 remote.

2 DJI Goggles
1 Mavic Pro
1 Controller:

Here is what I did to link them.
Power On everything, Make sure that the RC Controller is connected to the ipad/phone that you're using.

On the goggles #1 (Main one)
Go to settings, Link DJI goggles (DO NOT DO THE QUICK LINK), Select Advance Linking, then 2 goggles then Primary.
After you hit confirm on the goggles, it will start the 60 second count down. Now use a small pin or something a hit the black button the rear right of the mavic (next to SD card slot).

If you did it right, it will show on the goggles #1 that you're linked it to it from Mavic <-> DJI Goggles #1, Now on the goggles it will ask if you want to link a controller.
Select yes, select primary controller and then hit confirm again It will count down to 60 seconds again.

Now go to the settings on the PHONE and hit link remote controller, select that and the RC will go into pairing mode and it will pair with the controller.

Now you should have the DJI Goggles #1 paired with mavic and controller, and your phone/ipad will have the usual DJI go app running but no live preview on the phone/ipad.

After that's all running.

Time to fire up the 2nd goggle.

On goggle #2, go to settings then advance linking, then 2 goggles, This time select it as secondary.
Hit confirm and it will count down again to 60.

Hit the black button on the mavic to pair it again with the 2nd goggle.
After that's done, select no remote.

Now the 2nd set of goggles will be able to see everything that you see, but it will not have gimble head track or anything like that.

I hope this helps. The items in the menu might be named slightly differently but I can confirm that this work and I used it all day this weekend with 2 goggles.

Basically primary flier with goggles and ipad / rc and 2nd passenger on 2nd set of goggles just looking for fun.

You also won’t have live preview on the iPad or phone. This was a big problem for my particular situation. That’s why the hard wired set up works. Depending on what you want to do. I wanted to be able to have two people use the goggles and me pilot the Mavic with the iPad.

You can definitely link two DJI Goggles to one controller on a Mavic Pro Platinum. Basically you choose advanced setting in the goggles to allow pairing two remotes. The Remote is paired, the first goggle is paired, and finally the second goggle is paired. The trick seems to be when to press the pairing button and to connect the goggles to a remote or not.

I will say that its far more complicated than need be. and the following summary as vague at best

bind the remote to the drone by pressing the binding button inside the larger of the two side doors (the green light will turn red till binding is completed)

pair #1 goggles to the drone choosing two sets of goggles while deciding the function of that goggle as primary controller

pair #2 goggles to the drone and select not to pair with remote

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser