DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 large black bars top and bottom of ipad mini screen

guessed it maybe be something like that ,so when in photo mode it must be switching the display to 4:3 ..

An iPad mini's aspect ratio is 4:3. If you're in video mode at 16:9, it's going to letterbox the video. If you're in photo mode at 4:3, it'll fill the screen.

This isn't a UI problem. It's just an aspect ratio difference.

An iPad mini's aspect ratio is 4:3. If you're in video mode at 16:9, it's going to letterbox the video. If you're in photo mode at 4:3, it'll fill the screen.

This isn't a UI problem. It's just an aspect ratio difference.
yes shame though that the bars a bit big may look at going back to a phone will have to see how it goes ,like its been pointed out at least i can read the battery level ..... ;) ?

For me I’m not looking for great detail while flying just reference on location and view . To get rid of the bars I’ll change the camera options. The step up from my iPhone 6s is a big deal for me ?

Reactions: ninja_geezer
For me I’m not looking for great detail while flying just reference on location and view . To get rid of the bars I’ll change the camera options. The step up from my iPhone 6s is a big deal for me ?
Please tell me how to do this ..

To further demo how the Fly app adjusts to varying screen aspect ratios -
** 4:3 - see the OP, ninja_geezer, posted screenshots for an iPad Mini 5, "Photo" view fills the entire screen, "Video" view shows video feed in letterbox style and moves screen data to black bands in letterbox
** 20:9 - as seen on a Samsung Galaxy A71 6.7" ultrawide screen, screen is wider than both the video and photo modes and so black bars are on the sides and screen data/icons expands into this area.

Photo Mode on 20:9 Aspect Ratio Screen
FlyApp-PhotoMode.jpg

Video Mode on 20:9 Aspect Ratio Screen
FlyApp-VideoMode.jpg

To further demo how the Fly app adjusts to varying screen aspect ratios -
** 4:3 - see the OP, ninja_geezer, posted screenshots for an iPad Mini 5, "Photo" view fills the entire screen, "Video" view shows video feed in letterbox style and moves screen data to black bands in letterbox
** 20:9 - as seen on a Samsung Galaxy A71 6.7" ultrawide screen, screen is wider than both the video and photo modes and so black bars are on the sides and screen data/icons expands into this area.

Many thanks well demonstrated ,so this is kind of just the opposite of the ipad mini. ?
[

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead