DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Mavics at Nelson Bay NSW fireworks ?!

Good plan re contracting council, though you might have to show some qualifications and public liability insurances to satisfy their corporate rules etc.
If you don't have them already . . . RePL / ReOC, or maybe at least an ARN under 'excluded', and bluff 'em :)

I was looking up legal filming in Aust the other day, and you know I found some pretty interesting rules, esp around Sydney, eg. it said Luna Pk is one place photography is not allowed, in or around !! No idea why, I'll try and find the link, hang on . . .

Yes, in here, down under Sydney Harbour Foreshore Auth info . . .

Arts Law : Information Sheet : Street photographer’s rights
Don't you guys know that photography ruins the vegetation. REALLY!!!! :) In Canada, I've been banned from one museum if I used a tripod (professionals not allowed!) and in The U.S. they just about kicked me out of the Alamo in Texas cause I had 3 cameras on me. I was warned there that if any of my images showed up in magazines or tv, I would be prosecuted. (Don't Mess With Texas!} Didn't know I was that good. :) What bizarre regulations and policies. Look out droners.

Last edited:
Does anyone sit around the dinner table or campfire and not stray from a topic when talking ?
Of course not, good conversation naturally drifts into related areas.

People can still pop up if they did see the fireworks / drones, very slim chance on the face of it, but possible.

In Canada, I've been banned from one museum if I used a tripod (professionals not allowed!) and in The U.S. they just about kicked me out of the Alamo in Texas cause I had 3 cameras on me. I was warned there that if any of my images showed up in magazines or tv, I would be prosecuted. What bizarre regulations and policies. Look out droners.

Yes, we have similar rules in galleries etc, but the whole town of Alamo ?
That is pretty overzealous.

Reactions: geevee
Does anyone sit around the dinner table or campfire and not stray from a topic when talking ?
Of course not, good conversation naturally drifts into related areas.

So if i was sitting around a campfire with you and you asked if I could help you find your puppy... and I went on talking about how wrong it is to put ketchup on a hot dog was... you wouldn't get a bit un nerved?
but because its the internet, its OK?

To stay on topic no I wasn't there... I don't even know where nelson bay is.

So if i was sitting around a campfire with you and you asked if I could help you find your puppy... and I went on talking about how wrong it is to put ketchup on a hot dog was... you wouldn't get a bit un nerved?
but because its the internet, its OK?

To stay on topic no I wasn't there... I don't even know where nelson bay is.

Ah, irrelevant analogies, of course most of it is in 'related areas' as I said, not way off topic at all..
NSW central coast, beautiful place right through there

The CASA part of it is WAY on topic, the OP said "looked like a very skilfull piloting to me." suggesting someone to consider they may be RePL / ReOC qualified.
There is one licenced pair of operators in Pt Stephens area, so they may have been there flying, with approval.

Of course it should have been, otherwise at least 4 CASA rules were broken in one hit.
Even a licenced professional flyer would be jumping through hoops to fly there.

My last post on the matter, life's too short for forum disagreements, if people can't see relevance to the OP and this, they probably have little idea of what it may eventually mean to the recreational use of drones in Australia.

Reactions: geevee and Simmo
Ah, irrelevant analogies, of course most of it is in 'related areas' as I said, not way off topic at all..
NSW central coast, beautiful place right through there

The CASA part of it is WAY on topic, the OP said "looked like a very skilfull piloting to me." suggesting someone to consider they may be RePL / ReOC qualified.
There is one licenced pair of operators in Pt Stephens area, so they may have been there flying, with approval.

Of course it should have been, otherwise at least 4 CASA rules were broken in one hit.
Even a licenced professional flyer would be jumping through hoops to fly there.

My last post on the matter, life's too short for forum disagreements, if people can't see relevance to the OP and this, they probably have little idea of what it may eventually mean to the recreational use of drones in Australia.

What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. :) :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851