Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 solid productive hours with the Decatur Police SWAT team

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
Tom Baldridge and I spent a solid 2 hours with the Decatur Police SWAT team. It was GREAT; they are sold on drones. They were also impressed with DSAR and want to use DSAR for Search/Rescue. Tom will be working with them since he lives 5 minutes from police headquarters.

They were originally looking at a Matrice for more than $30k .... and the chief was freaked out over the cost. But after they saw the M2ED in action, they were sold. I think they are going to get both an M2E and M2ED.

DSAR continues to expand its influence. ?

Last edited:
Many thanks for your efforts. That's what we desperately need, something positive to show the public, instead of all the bad publicity.

M2E and M2ED
For DSAR what are the advantages of each, sounds like each has a spot. I would consider selling my MPP and M2P and getting a M2Exxx.
Out here when June, July and August daytime highs will reach 120+ 6 or 7 days and 115+ is common. I would not think Infrared would be too effective. Winter we may get a daytime high of 40 a few days, the rest is +- 55 but we get winds of 30 and gusts of 50 frequently in winter and occasionally in summer.

Yes - Thermal is not useful on hot days. But it does enable night flight. The zoom on the M2E is quite effective. I'd like to have both models. But if I could have only one, I'd choose the M2ED to enable night flights.

I've had the M2ED up in winds over 30mph and it's rock steady.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turn11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661