DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2020 Nevada & Mojave ghost towns and mines

Ray, I have a question: How many frame intervals did you choose for the opening shot?
thanks and cheers
Paul

For that time-lapse shot, each frame was exposed for 20 seconds. I don't remember for sure but I think the interval between shots was ten seconds, so the timer was second to snap a shot every 30 seconds. It's composed of 606 frames. I wanted 800 frames but the camera battery ran down before then.

BTW, the ISO was 12,800 and I used a 10mm lens with 2.8 aperture.

For that time-lapse shot, each frame was exposed for 20 seconds. I don't remember for sure but I think the interval between shots was ten seconds, so the timer was second to snap a shot every 30 seconds. It's composed of 606 frames. I wanted 800 frames but the camera battery ran down before then.

BTW, the ISO was 12,800 and I used a 10mm lens with 2.8 aperture.
Hi Ray,
thank you very much for the infos! I will give it a try Thumbswayup
cheers Paul

Thanks for the tips! The wobbles in the accelerated footage bothered me too, but it never occurred to me to use stabilization.

The antelope was already running, the drone just joined him.
Great job!! If the wobble is too severe for stabilization, try cutting the wobble and use a fade transition in place. Problem is it disturbs the continuity of the shot, but you have to decide which is worse.

Reactions: Ray Dunakin

My 2020 trip to explore ghost towns and mining camps of Nevada and the Mojave desert was an incredible experience! I'm currently working on the many videos from the trip, featuring numerous historic sites as well as some stunning scenery and wildlife. Here's a little preview of what's to come.

Music: "Epic Cinematic Trailer"

by Dream Notes Sounds

Wow! I wouldn't even know where to begin in trying to edit/create something like that. Half the time I forget to even put the SD Card in! Great work!

Cortez, NV 2020

Cortez is a ghost town in central Nevada with buildings and ruins spread out over a wide area. Silver was the primary ore mined here.

Music:
“Acapulco Calling”
by NC Music
Licensed through AudioJungle

nice one! did a new video on an abandoned mine here in Boise, ID

Royston, NV 2020

Royston was a major turquoise mining town dating back to at least 1909, and turquoise is still being mined there today. Several buildings still stand, as well as a few other ruins. Silver was also mined here and one silver mine still has the headframe and other structures.

Music:

“Nostalgia Acoustic Dream”
by Flames Audio

“Folk Acoustic Inspiring Guitar”
by Big Style

Royston was a major turquoise mining town dating back to at least 1909, and turquoise is still being mined there today. Several buildings still stand, as well as a few other ruins. Silver was also mined here and one silver mine still has the headframe and other structures.
Hi Ray,
I am always very pleased when the "subscrive bell" rings! Wow, another fanastic video! Very good camera and drohne work, and as usual a good and informative comment! The final shot is also top notch! Thanks for sharing!
cheers Paul

Bronze Mine, CA 2020

The Bronze Mine is a small mining camp hidden in a mountain canyon in the Mojave desert. The mine has some interesting features, such as a tall wooden trestle and ore bin. The trail to the mine goes up a canyon with beautiful scenery all around. This was the last site I visited during my 2020 trip.

Music:
“Sunrise”
by Color Film Music

“Warm Acoustic”
by Neoclassic

The Bronze Mine is a small mining camp hidden in a mountain canyon in the Mojave desert. The mine has some interesting features, such as a tall wooden trestle and ore bin. The trail to the mine goes up a canyon with beautiful scenery all around. This was the last site I visited during my 2020 trip.
Hi Ray,
wonderfull scenery and old mine. As always I enjoyed it to watch the video. What´s coming up next?
cheers Paul

Hi Ray,
wonderfull scenery and old mine. As always I enjoyed it to watch the video. What´s coming up next?
cheers Paul

Thanks. I don't have any trips planned at the moment. BTW, I figured out what the old truck is at that mine. It's a WWII Dodge WC54 field ambulance. The rear half behind the cab has been cut down to convert it into a homemade pickup truck. Here's a pic of what the ambulance looked like:

Dodge WC54 - Wikipedia

Thanks. I don't have any trips planned at the moment. BTW, I figured out what the old truck is at that mine. It's a WWII Dodge WC54 field ambulance. The rear half behind the cab has been cut down to convert it into a homemade pickup truck. Here's a pic of what the ambulance looked like:
You´r welcome! I also think that it must be the truck we can see on Wikipedia! I preferre the rotten one..I like such very old and rotten stuff!:) I enjoyed all your mine videos Ray. Thumbswayup
cheers Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots