DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2024 updates on So California Beaches

AMann

Reactions
Any new updates on where to legally fly without permits for recreational and 107 holders along the coast including San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Santa Barbera and Ventura Counties?

There have been a lot of new municipal regulations popping up between 2022 and 2024 on where one can’t take off, control and land drones and most of the 1-2 year old posts about it are obsolete.

Reactions: Cafguy
Thanks for the link, appreciate the effort.

What I really was hoping to get were recent recon reports from the ground troops on the current status of permissible sites for operations on the coast. I know some cities have enacted new regulations in 2023 and 2024, which a lot of drone sites don’t have listed and some cities have new draft amendments in the works for their drone regulations that are to be posted soon.

If it ends up that there are no free zones to do it, I am also sending a permit request to the admins of the parks and properties I want to use for the project I have in mind, and I guess if that doesn’t work another option would be to use a kayak or boat. But I’m kind of worried about taking off and landing from on the ocean. It’s too choppy out there for floats to keep it dry, and being that it’s salt water it will be certain death if the equipment gets wet -may as well be flying the drone over lava! 😉

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MARK (LI)
Well, Pismo does not allow drones either, so I applied for a research permit at a different state beach unit- will update this if they accept it.

I am looking forward to hearing what you find out. I plan to visit Pismo for an RV trip.

Last year I tried to get a permit from Santa Clara County to fly over Coyote Creek trail to film my biking group. It is true that there is a permit but a daily permit cost hundreds of dollars.

One of these California drone links said that was possible to fly over Grant County Park in Santa Clara County. I drove there only to find a sign prohibiting drones.

I went to Pismo six months ago and even spoke about my Drone with the official in the little hut before you get on the beach.
I was told as long as I do not fly close to crowds or cause problems it would be O.K.-- NOW This is not to say it hasnt changed this is Cali lol
I also Know some people that have filmed there with Drones Commercially, They told me it takes about 90 Days to get a yes and the city needs a detailed flight plan!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XANNA1976@HOTMAIL-COM