DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd drone

Cherman

Reactions
Hello, I am thinking on adding a second drone. My concern is 2 drones with one phone and the possibility of any cross signals and trying to link with the wrong drone. I am assuming that it only links to the one powered up. Has anyone had this issue? With all of the technology stuffed into these phones I am also considering a phone just for the drone/drones because I do not want a phone issue becoming a drone issue. Any thoughts

My concern is 2 drones with one phone and the possibility of any cross signals and trying to link with the wrong drone
That won't be a problem. You can fly as many drones as you'd like with the same mobile device. Your mobile device is only connected to the remote controller you're using at the time, so there is no way for signals to become crossed.

You can use 1 device across multiple DJI drones. My suggestion would be to get something that runs on the DJI Go 4 app such as a Spark, Air, or Mavic so you wont need any other apps.

As far as linking to more than 1 drone, that would be up to your device. You can only fly one drone at a time on the DJI Go 4 app.

You are correct that Your DjiGo app connects to your powered up drone and the RC that is connected to it.
I switch between my Inspire, Phantom P4, and my Mavic often and I use the same Ipad Mini4.
As soon as I power up the controller and drone, it switches automatically to the correct one. As a matter of fact, my Inspire still uses DjiGo, not the 4.
I have used my iPhone also when the iPad power was down with no issues.
Put your phone in “Plane” mode and you shouldn’t have issues.

Reactions: Former Member
Great, thank you for the insight. How about using one controller for two drones can that be done? I have been running out of controller battery while I am switching drone batteries. I now am limited because of controller life. Thank you again your advice is appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman