DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd picture from Crocket

Interesting subject, aging and abandoned things are my favorite. Thanks for the image!

The area around the transition from I-80 to I-580 used to have many rotting pilings, don't know if they're still there but that location might be an interesting place from which to shoot.

I've recently taken to hovering over subjects (like graveyards) and shooting straight down. The rows can form interesting abstracts if they run on the diagonal. That diagonal also works to make the corners of the image harmonious with the whole.

And to think that you're only a few miles to the closest In & Out Burgers! (speaking jealously from Vermont). I used to love the burgers "animal style" although they were so sloppy that I tended to be wearing the food on my shirt. For those uninitiated with In & Out, Wikipedia defines animal style as...
"Animal Style" is one of the most popular "secret" styles; in addition to the standard toppings, Animal Style burgers include mustard fried onto each meat patty, pickles, grilled onions, and extra spread.

Absolutely a mess and just disgusting... I loved it!

A very nice photo....I have to travel the highway 80 corridor at least every month....Sure wish they'd fix the highway there as the potholes and all are damaging my Buick! LOL...

Thanks for the reply’s. We’re I live I can straight out my living room window at the Cartinez Straight. I see big ships pass by. Freighters, tugs,tankers, jets skiers and sail boats. Since I got Drone. I fantasize about fly out and over them. I m still a beginner. So haven’t tried it yet. Is flying over a ship a homeland security issue, like with trains?

I can't answer your question about legality of flying over ships but it would certainly create entertaining video!
When I once lived in the Bay Area I used to fish Suisun Bay in our runabout. Back then the 'mothball fleet' was huge.
It was fun to slowly cruise by those old WW II ships there. There was an old tug boat that was a hero during the Pearl Harbor attack that saved a lot of ships there and was interred at Suisun Bay. I remember also seeing some old submarines parked there.
I guess that one by one, they're all being dismantled. It sure was interesting back in the 60's though...
I haven't gotten the courage to fly my Mini Mavic over water yet...
I still have to gained confidence that it will return to home and not end up in the drink.
Keep posting pictures! I am enjoying them so far.

I drove south Thursday night on the 'newer' span, then headed back north on Monday morning....
That old cantilever bridge looks rickety. I wonder how long before it's replaced.
That's an excellent shot of the Carquinez!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada