DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2nd try with DJI tech support. NO PROBLEM FOUND!

Gjanello

Reactions
Like others here, I sent my mini (under warranty) in with errors (CPU overheating and power overload). DJI took 3 weeks to get it and send it back with report that they found nothing wrong. Mini still has multiple problems they should have found. It did fly good one time before errors started again and the unit almost crashed to the ground. I do have DJI refresh and will probably need to use it if they don't fix it this time.

I have a shipping label for another try. Just a heads up for everyone with units under warranty and needing repair. Request a 2nd check before approval to send back.

Have you posted up logs from a typical troubled flight here before ?
Some analysis might likely reveal the issues and you can have some ammo to present to DJI to counter their response.
Surely they must have also checked these, but worth a shot.
See the crash / flyaway section sticky for instructions.

Have you posted up logs from a typical troubled flight here before ?
Some analysis might likely reveal the issues and you can have some ammo to present to DJI to counter their response.
Surely they must have also checked these, but worth a shot.
See the crash / flyaway section sticky for instructions.

No I have not posted logs from flights here. I will try to pull those up and have them ready.

Thanks

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
If you have an issue that is sporadic, try to get a video or save a copy of the logs. If it’s sporadic, when DJI tested a couple of times and the issue didn’t come up, they’ll think there’s nothing wrong.
I had an issue where one of my batteries occasionally doesn’t turn off properly. It took months before I got a video of it. When I sent the battery to DJI, just under 6 mth under warranty, they emailed they couldn’t find anything wrong with it. So I emailed them my video. They then send me a new replacement battery.

Reactions: Capt KO
The problem with this MM is very strange and will go away if unit is turned off for a while. Problem.... Turns on & props are in idle mode but the flight log shows it in flight & auto land arrow is on & pointing down. Ii won’t go up from landing pad, but if auto landing is pushed the mini will shoot back & turn off. I asked if I could just use dji care refresh, but customer service wants to try it under warranty one more time. Been without it for 3 weeks...I guess a couple won’t hurt.

The problem with this MM is very strange and will go away if unit is turned off for a while. Problem.... Turns on & props are in idle mode but the flight log shows it in flight & auto land arrow is on & pointing down. Ii won’t go up from landing pad, but if auto landing is pushed the mini will shoot back & turn off. I asked if I could just use dji care refresh, but customer service wants to try it under warranty one more time. Been without it for 3 weeks...I guess a couple won’t hurt.
Like I said, try to take a video of the problem occurring. Using Care Refresh still means you have to pay for the it and use up one of the refresh, while getting it replaced under warranty means you don’t have to pay a cent.

Like I said, try to take a video of the problem occurring. Using Care Refresh still means you have to pay for the it and use up one of the refresh, while getting it replaced under warranty means you don’t have to pay a cent.

I sent support a screen shot of this problem, with the help of a mirror placed in front of Mini Mavic showing the landing arrow on & the mini sitting on ground with “in flight” showing. They immediately said to send it in again for repair.

I would like to say I had some good flights with the MM before this problem developed. Can’t wait to get it back & working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead