DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2S is drifting, can anyone help?

bg4166

Reactions
I have recorded hours of pickleball with my 2S, and there were no issues. After I put it at an appropriate height and aimed the camera, I would leave the controller on a bench. My 2S crashed due to what I believe was a swollen battery during an active track session, and DJI was great in replacing it. The replacement will not stay focused on the pickleball court, but will very gradually rotate left, move away from the home point and climb considerably (10 feet up to 60+ feet) without any stick input. I have looked at the flight data using AirData and notice that the barometric altitude continues to show 9.2 feet, but the sonar altitude is showing the drone move up and away from the home point. Has anyone experienced an issue like this and found a solution? I have attached the corresponding flight record for reference.
flight record 8.23.2024

Reactions: Cafguy
After I put it at an appropriate height and aimed the camera, I would leave the controller on a bench.
That is not good to do for any reason. Kids like Drones and controllers- How fast are you at 63? Besides it is what is keeping that Drone up there and still, Best to keep it in your hands. Lanyards are cheaper than Drones.
Have you calibrated everything.
There is no tracking? it just moves up?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UPDRAFTDW