DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30 Seconds with the Air 2 and I am missing the Zoom

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
The Air 2 is a breath of Fresh Air after the Mini but after flying the zoom for almost a year I realize I cannot capture B Roll.
I found myself getting lower and lower and lower to get the close up of the sand, the rocks and just could not get close enough.

The Air 2 did not disappoint as the footage is really nice and clean at 4K /60 frames but my dreams of the perfect drone left me realizing that zoom is really a special drone .

For those flying the Mavic 2 Pro , they wont miss much , but flying the Air 2 made me realize how much I really depend on the Zoom without any thinking about it.

You can see from the footage below how the zoom would have gotten me the B roll nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the Storm.

Reactions: Dakarenduro
The Air 2 is a breath of Fresh Air after the Mini but after flying the zoom for almost a year I realize I cannot capture B Roll.
I found myself getting lower and lower and lower to get the close up of the sand, the rocks and just could not get close enough.

The Air 2 did not disappoint as the footage is really nice and clean at 4K /60 frames but my dreams of the perfect drone left me realizing that zoom is really a special drone .

For those flying the Mavic 2 Pro , they wont miss much , but flying the Air 2 made me realize how much I really depend on the Zoom without any thinking about it.

You can see from the footage below how the zoom would have gotten me the B roll nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the Storm.

I have the pro and the zoom and to tell you the truth I enjoy the zoom more than the pro and would never even think about trading it for the air 2

Agreed.
Although I dont have a MA2 to compare it with, just a MA1. However the zoom is used on every flight at least once. Being able to get unique parralax views (is that the right word?lol) and closing the image in tightly in lieu of a standard wide angle. priceless for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair