DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30m Height Limit Bypass (GPS related)?

jmoo711

Reactions
Hi, all! New here, so apologies if this is a duplicate question. I did some searching, but couldn't find a fix for this specific issue.

I am using a Mavic Pro 2 with the Smart Controller. Currently using Android Version 7.1.2 on the controller. System using V01.01.0072. Not sure if there is any other information that would be helpful.

My issue is that I shoot in buildings fairly often. These are larger manufacturing buildings, but they are often steel and concrete and don't allow GPS signal in. In reaction to this, the Smart Controller caps my flight height to 30m. I can't operate it like this in most locations, so I HAVE to find a workaround. What I have been doing with moderate success is to turn the drone and controller on, take it outside, let it get GPS signal, do a quick flight to confirm height restriction is off, then DON'T TURN IT OFF, go back inside and then fly. This is... fine... but it's only good for the life of the battery (15mins) and then when I put the next battery in, I have to start the whole process over. And sometimes the walk to get back outside is 4-5 minutes to navigate through a building, so it's a huge time waster.

So, my question is, does anyone have a way to either bypass the need for GPS signal (if I'm flying inside, I always have line of sight). Or, do you know of a way to bypass at least the height restriction if there is no GPS signal? Just something. I need a solution to this badly!!!! Thanks for anything.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

30m is quite high for inside. Have you considered the Avant 2 for inside flying?

Reactions: sarahb
A $2000 (new drone) possible solution seems rather extreme to me.
He was complaining about the short battery life affecting what he does.
Switching to the Mavic 3 series drones would give him double the flight time he now has.

The OP's post suggested he was doing paid work, so the expense could easily be justified and the better drone would be useful for his future work too.

Trying to get you a solution.

What is your Drone Firmware version?
What is your DJI Go4 App version?
What PC operating system are you using.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock