DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

30m height limit?

Ozeb

Reactions
As a new owner, I have on a couple of occasions found my Mavic won't go beyond 30m high and (I think) a limited distance of 50m even though I turned Beginner mode off. I eventually got it to go higher but I don't know what I did. Does this limit apply when I'm in Atti mode? I was outside the whole time and have the latest firmware.

Was the device connected to the RC and both the RC and mavic on when you changed the beginner switch?

"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."

"To ensure safety, flight will be limited to 30 m height and 50 m distance if you’re not connected or logged into to the DJI GO 4 app during flight."
I reckon that was the problem. I presume I need to see Ready to Go on the RC before I take off.

If device you use with drone does not have cellular internet, you can use you mobile phone as wifi hotspot if possible. I do that with my setup. I have my personal phone with hotspot and drone phone with pay as you go sim (which is not always topped up).

I've always used my phone, but If I went to an ipad Mini it would need cellular, or wifi to my phone that is set up as a hotspot?

Only if you want maps and need a GPS location of your device. Otherwise, you can fly without a network connection with no problem (you can even cache maps beforehand to resolve that part of the limitation). If you're on the newer firmware and app, you can sign in to your account when you're at home with a network connection and as long as you don't sign out on the app, you can then fly later with no restrictions, even without a network connection at the time.

When you say need a GPS location, this isn't what the bird uses for RTH?
Thanks

No. The Mavic uses its own GPS to determine its home point (it's why it declares"Home point is updated. Please check it on the map.") and completes the RTH based on that.

You only need GPS on your device if you're using the "Follow Me" feature, as the Mavic tracks the device that way. (or if you simply wish to see the location of your device on the map in real time).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev