DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJ mini 2 se limited range

That's not a TXT flight log file. Follow my instructions here to retrieve your TXT flight log files.

No worries. When you find the right log, please post it here.

For the flight posted above, you:
  • Started the flight with a battery charged to 86%
  • Pressed the RTH button on the remote controller when the aircraft was at 5,219 feet (0.98 miles)
  • The RC downlink signal strength was 40% and uplink was 80%
  • No signal related messages were displayed in DJI Fly
Why did you decide to return so early in the flight?

When RTH was initiated, the aircraft was flying at an altitude of 183 feet. It ascended to 410 feet (the RTH altitude you set) before returning home. At 270 feet (and beyond), the downlink and uplink signals were both 100% (perfect signal). That indicates you might be attempting to fly too low.

1725207819609.png

While I don't recommend you break the law, I bet the signal would perform best if flying at 300 feet or above at that distance.

Last edited:
For the flight posted above, you:
  • Started the flight with a battery charged to 86%
  • Pressed the RTH button on the remote controller when the aircraft was at 5,219 feet (0.98 miles)
  • The RC downlink signal strength was 40% and uplink was 80%
  • No signal related messages were displayed in DJI Fly
Why did you decide to return so early in the flight?

When RTH was initiated, the aircraft was flying at an altitude of 183 feet. It ascended to 410 feet (the RTH altitude you set) before returning home. At 270 feet (and beyond), the downlink and uplink signals were both 100% (perfect signal). That indicates you might be attempting to fly too low.

View attachment 177355

While I don't recommend you break the law, I bet the signal would perform best if flying at 300 feet or above at that distance.
Thanks I’ll try it at 380’

Can you push the limit past the warnings and lagging video?
If you did, the signal would have eventually disconnected and the aircraft would have auto returned home. It would have been best to increase altitude (in this case) as that seemed to be what was causing that issue.

If you did, the signal would have eventually disconnected and the aircraft would have auto returned home. It would have been best to increase altitude (in this case) as that seemed to be what was causing that issue.
So I got up to 380’ +\~ and got 2000 feet further than before. Moving in right direction

It appears that was the issue then. You'd need to fly even higher in order to fly further.

Reactions: Max Headroom
That’s illegal though
True. And flying BVLOS (what you're doing now) without a waiver from the FAA is also illegal in the US.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr