DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$33 Mavic "Clone" (LOL) Has Arrived

Saw your post..looked up some reviews and watched some YouTube videos..ordered..

Why not give this a try. Looks fun.

Interesting - says it has a RTH function - so how's it do that without GPS?

If Apple won't put GPS into their overpriced WiFi iPads, you certainly can't expect it in a $40 drone. No satire here.

The only way get it to hover by itself would be to turn it off and hang it from the ceiling with a string.

Now that is the funniest comment I have ready all day. Hang it from a string is just priceless....haha

If Apple won't put GPS into their overpriced WiFi iPads, you certainly can't expect it in a $40 drone. No satire here.

The only way get it to hover by itself would be to turn it off and hang it from the ceiling with a string.
Wish they would put gps in my over priced ipad also but for flying the Mavic I wouldn't use anything else.

Not GPS but does have Air Press Altitude Hold enables XS809W to stay firmly at a certain height, facilitating smooth shots
TIANQU XS809W Foldable RC Quadcopter - RTF 2MP CAMERA + AIR PRESS ALTITUDE HOLD-$62.05 Online Shopping| GearBest.com

Last edited:
I got one of those, shipped from China, about 3 months ago. I apparently overpaid at a whopping 50 bucks.

It's a squirrelly handful, but pretty fun and a bargain for the price - you can actually record (crappy) video on your phone/tablet at 720p for about 7 minutes on a charge. Once I hacked it, an altitude of about 4.8 miles didn't even break a sweat.

A Mavic drives like the Queen Mary compared to these, but it's not bad.
Can you explain an altitude of about 4.8 miles???

Alright, so has anyone else purchased and received their $30 POS clone?
Mine finally arrived after almost a month.
its certainly a cheap toy. but its better than letting my son play with my expensive toy.

I tried to pair the remote to the "drone" but I am unable to, has anyone been able to pair it?
I'm going to try to see if i can get any help if not i'm going to return it.

43c46301c8d8a35831a947f2c16f1062.jpg

I was hoping to take a pic of both of them in the air side by side.

Alright, so has anyone else purchased and received their $30 POS clone?
Mine finally arrived after almost a month.
its certainly a cheap toy. but its better than letting my son play with my expensive toy.

I tried to pair the remote to the "drone" but I am unable to, has anyone been able to pair it?
I'm going to try to see if i can get any help if not i'm going to return it.

After you turned on the remote did you move the throttle stick up and down?

Reactions: BluesDragon
Very cool little drones, but since they have brushed motors, you'll want to buy plenty of spares if you plan on flying them often.

After you turned on the remote did you move the throttle stick up and down?

so after i turn on the remote it just keeps beeping until the beeping just fades away, i try to more the throttle up but it does nothing, the instructions said it would beep twice then been once after i push the throttle stick up. but it just keeps on beeping..

my kinda luck.

As FlyGuy suggested... once powered on move your throttle stick all the way up, then all the way down and then when you move it back up you should have power to the props. Although...
If you have the model with the Hover mode (the throttle stick will center on it's own); you just need to hit the auto take off button and it will then lift off.

Very cool little drones, but since they have brushed motors, you'll want to buy plenty of spares if you plan on flying them often.

Yes brushed or coreless motors do not have a long lifespan. The worst thing you can do is run back-to-back batteries on one of these; the motors will just burn out.

I also have a little Parrot Mambo that uses coreless motors.. that little guy is still going strong after 15 hours of flight. So maybe they're getting better? IDK - All I know is not to push coreless motors to hard for too long.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31