DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3400m range using parabolic reflectors from inside a car - Mavic Mini CE

There’s absolutely no way you flew a Mini that far (from a car!), and maintained visual line of sight.

I don’t know if you’re expecting us all to think you’re ace for doing this, but frankly I’m once again flabbergasted that someone is once again putting other drone flyers at risk by breaking the law just to show off on YouTube.

There’s absolutely no way you flew a Mini that far (from a car!), and maintained visual line of sight.

I don’t know if you’re expecting us all to think you’re ace for doing this, but frankly I’m once again flabbergasted that someone is once again putting other drone flyers at risk by breaking the law just to show off on YouTube.

Right... would hate to see the pilot lose control and have his drone wreck havoc on all those completely empty hills! Imagine the destruction!

I am assuming this flight compiled with altitude regulations and monitored for surrounding air traffic.
This particular flight is magnitudes safer than many, many other LOS flights near buildings, cars, and people.
I'm once again flabbergasted how some posters are so eager to stand on their soapbox and scold, turning any thread into a conversation of this same topic when the pilot has demonstrated excellent judgement regarding the location at which he flew. Besides, how do you know he can't see it? I have a strobe light on my M2 and can see the flash from miles away as long as it's not too bright out.

To the original poster:
That is some impressive range! Thank you for posting as during these Michigan winters I frequently fly my M2 from my car and have been wondering how well the MM's signal strength compares under these conditions.

Right... would hate to see the pilot lose control and have his drone wreck havoc on all those completely empty hills! Imagine the destruction!

I am assuming this flight compiled with altitude regulations and monitored for surrounding air traffic.
This particular flight is magnitudes safer than many, many other LOS flights near buildings, cars, and people.
I'm once again flabbergasted how some posters are so eager to stand on their soapbox and scold, turning any thread into a conversation of this same topic when the pilot has demonstrated excellent judgement regarding the location at which he flew.

To the original poster:
That is some impressive range! Thank you for posting as during these Michigan winters I frequently fly my M2 from my car and have been wondering how well the MM's signal strength compares under these conditions.

When I started this hobby over ten years ago there were very few regulations here in the UK. But, more people bought drones, and more people started doing dumb stuff with them and breaking the law. More people showed their dumb stunts on YouTube. So, inevitably it lead to more and more scrutiny, and more regulations. More people being anti drone. Now we have to take tests. Now we have to register. From July 2020 those of us working within the law the make money from this will need new drones that comply with MORE new regulations because the current drones will not be within required spec. Now the media jump in any little incident.

So, yeah - it’s a big empty field. But how did the pilot know there wasn’t a group of people 2000m away he couldn’t see from his car? How did he monitor air traffic from inside his car?

This is still another example of someone breaking the rules just to show off, putting it on YouTube for the hits and not caring one bit that it effects the rest of us. That’s why people like me get on our soapboxes because we love flying drones.

Is in Scotland and guys let’s not turn this into another one
of those threads where I have to clean up.
Please do remember guideline #15.
it is not the responsibility of the community owners, moderators or community members to police and enforce these rules and regulations. Any violation of another community rule, even if in the context of attempting to help enforce flying laws and regulations, is prohibited.
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo