DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Panorama hosting?

Coskier

Reactions
Just curious if anyone has a site they like for hosting their spherical panorama's? Facebook was good for this, but since I have decided to cancel my account there, I am wondering what other sites might be good for this.

TIA

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Reactions: Lastrexking
I host them myself on an Amazon S3 Server. You do have to do a little more work prepping the 360 and you will need a program or two, but your storage fees are extremely inexpensive and there is no extra fees for unbranding etc. I started a project of covering the island I live on with 360 panos. So far there are about 50 panos. Here is a link to the main page. All the buttons are 360 panos hosted on Amazon S3.

I upload my 360's to Kuula.com. Once upoaded there is a button on the upper right of the screen that turns it into "tiny planet view". You can toggle it back to full 360 if you wish.

Reactions: Lastrexking
I use both Kuula and RoundMe. RoundMe has more features for free (like the ability to make multi-viewpoint tours, and the ability to organize tours into galleries), but may be running in zombie mode as they haven't updated the front page gallery or map in years.

I used to have a pro subscription to RoundMe, but let it lapse when I wasn't able to upload and messages to tech support produced no response for months. I was eventually able to upload again but by then my subscription had lapsed and I decided I wasn't going to pay when they couldn't be bothered to respond to a paying customer.

So for free, I prefer RoundMe but also upload to Kuula in case RoundMe vanishes.

Do any of the sites let you embed into forums like this, similar to how Flickr and IMGUR let you embed images?

Do any of the sites let you embed into forums like this, similar to how Flickr and IMGUR let you embed images?

Let's see.

<iframe width='640' height='360' src='Roundme' frameborder='0' webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Trying to embed from RoundMe.)

Well, didn't work. Maybe some else can figure it out?
Well, the "Media" button for posting allows embedding from the following:
I wonder if there is a XenForo (the forum software) plugin to allow embeds from any of the sites mentioned in this thread? If so, we may be able to pursuade the owner to add it in...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000