DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Sphere

Having grown up in Hawaii, it's rare for me to be taken aback by the beauty of our States, but wow, that must indeed be a stunning river to leisurely float down

Cool 360, but why did you need an ND64 for a series of stitched still photographs? Surely 1/8000 of a second would have been fast enough to get a proper exposure at f/1.7. For panos, all the ND64 does is raise the ISO, which is never a good thing.
It turned out perfectly! That is a good thing!

Indeed. However, what was your thinking in using any ND filter for a 360° pano?
This is enough reason to put you on "ignore" have a good life!

It's a reasonable question. What's offensive? I'm also wondering what benefits you see from using an ND64 filter for the shots.
I live in Arizona, where we have full sunlight for 365 days a year. I find the use of filters improves my pictures. How someone feels I should take my photos is not why I am here. He can take his pictures any way he chooses!

I wasn't asking for praise. I don't need to be harassed because I don't want to manually set up my camera!

I live in Arizona, where we have full sunlight for 365 days a year. I find the use of filters improves my pictures. How someone feels I should take my photos is not why I am here. He can take his pictures any way he chooses!
Absolutely!! It turned out great. BEAUTIFUL area!!! Suggestions for future pictures are one thing, unasked for criticism is another altogether.

Cool 360, but why did you need an ND64 for a series of stitched still photographs?

Wow. That looks like a compliment and a simple question to me. How is it seen as a criticism and harassment?

It is a very nice panorama of a very pretty place, but I can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if someone mentioned the stitching discontinuities in the highway or innocently asked what shutter speed the auto-exposure system chose.

Wow. That looks like a compliment and a simple question to me. How is it seen as a criticism and harassment?

It is a very nice panorama of a very pretty place, but I can't help but wonder what the reaction would be if someone mentioned the stitching discontinuities in the highway or innocently asked what shutter speed the auto-exposure system chose.
After I responded “it turned out fine”
That should have been the end of it.

After I responded “it turned out fine”
That should have been the end of it.
I'm still interested in why anyone would use any ND filter for a still camera shot that you aren't deliberately trying to blur sharpness on, or increase the noise in. It's a serious question. The 1/8000 of a second is plenty fast enough, even for AZ sun, and reducing that by 6 stops can only have an adverse effect upon your panorama. It certainly won't improve it. But maybe you know something I don't. Please share.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast
I wasn't asking for praise. I don't need to be harassed because I don't want to manually set up my camera!
No one is harassing you.
Who said anything about manually setting up your camera? You apparently completely misunderstand the use of ND filters on a drone camera, which are solely intended for use in video to create deliberate motion blur in between individual video frames. They serve no beneficial purpose in still photography. Remove the ND64 filter and shoot the exact same 360 pano completely automatically, just like you did with the ND64 filter on. The result will be the same, and perhaps better, because the shutter speed will be 5 stops faster and the ISO is guaranteed to be 100. Try it.

Absolutely!! It turned out great. BEAUTIFUL area!!! Suggestions for future pictures are one thing, unasked for criticism is another altogether.
Where was the criticism in asking a question? He included the ND64 in the description, as though it was relevant and important to creating the shared pano, appreciated by all. I still haven't heard anything about how the ND64 did anything to improve the pano. I was hoping to learn from him!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147