DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Spherical Pano's (Solved!)

If anyone is having trouble the easiest way to do this on Android is simply download the panorama to your phone save that photo to your Google photos app that comes standard on all android phones... from there Google photos will recognize it as a 360 shot and allow you to view it as such without skypixel

Reactions: mad monkey
Im going to check that out
If anyone is having trouble the easiest way to do this on Android is simply download the panorama to your phone save that photo to your Google photos app that comes standard on all android phones... from there Google photos will recognize it as a 360 shot and allow you to view it as such without skypixel

Finally managed to work it all out. As usual something simple. In photo director Right click image mark as 360. Boom.
This is how I did it.
Took 360 pano with Mavic Air. Moved pano photos to pc.
I used Microsoft ICE to stitch the photos. This was not the right scale for 360 photos in photo director. So then I needed to add extra sky to make the image 2:1.
I used 'Gimp' Re-sized the canvas\image to 19968 wide by 9984 high. Moved the image down so that the fuzzy stuff was at the top. Saved and exported. You can add your own bit of sky in if you have a good image etc. I didn't.
I then imported to Photo Director. Clicked to make 360 and then used the Little Planet function. The fuzzy bit at the top turned out to default as white.
You can see the result attached.
Thanks for the help.

View attachment 33866
Thanks for following through on your learning curve. I was also having a similar problem with importing to Photo Director and you resolved my dilema. This is a copy of what you assisted me with. I recently completed the Seagull 103 miler and in Photo Director you can compose images such as this. Thanks again!DJI_0814-01-1 landscape-1cropped.jpg

*Update - I realised my reply below is not what the OP was about, i'll leave it though in case its any use to anyone*

Seems like some complicated work arounds in this thread.

I've been doing a few recently and this is what I do..

Drag the photo unaltered photo to here... NadirPatch.com make panorama photo for facebook and then upload the picture it provides/downloads to facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156504887540210&set=a.155170545209&type=3&theater

It works out amazingly well on a phone.

I've tried loads of iPhone apps to store it locally on my phone but I've not found a free solution to view it as well as facebook seems to handle it. pinch to zoom etc.