DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

360 Spherical Pano's (Solved!)

CorkersFPV

Reactions
I want ask about spherical panos.
When viewed via the dji go app whilst connected to the MA it shows me the pano in all its little planet glory. But outside of this its just a flat 360 pano.
Please can anyone tell me How can I view and share as a little planet?

I have tried to use Photo Director 9 but this says it needs a 360 photo. Does anyone have any knowledge of how to convert the image so that it is recognised?
Finaly I want to try to stitch the images myself for better quality etc. But photo director 9 only stitches 180's, vertical, and horizontal pictures.
Any help in getting me some 360 sphere action would be most appreciated.
Below is an example flat 360 that i can access.
Thanks

1521383071551.jpg

Did you upload your manually stitched file or the original from your phone/tablet? Skypixel only seems to work for me when uploaded from my phone

I used the one I downloaded to my phone. I seem to have been able to upload a 360 before. From that on skypixel i still can't see how i can use the image as a little planet though?

Just turned the MA back on to see if i could share it straight from the aircraft with go app etc. All my pictures from today had gone. Not on sd or internal. Weird. Will plug the sd into my pc later

Did you upload your manually stitched file or the original from your phone/tablet? Skypixel only seems to work for me when uploaded from my phone
Thanks for your help. Found an app to convert into a littleplanet which will do me for now.
Just need to find a decent and cheep/free app to stitch the photos for me at some point in the future.
Cheer buddy

I do find it a bit frustraiting that the marketing BS for the MA is about 32mp spherical pano and yet you still have to use your own software to stitch them properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: FL AV8R
Links had references to free stitching apps like ICE and Hugin.

Standard marketing, yes it does put out a 32MP pano, but that doesn't mean it's any good.
But some people are happy with it, so...

Reactions: CorkersFPV
Links had references to free stitching apps like ICE and Hugin.

Standard marketing, yes it does put out a 32MP pano, but that doesn't mean it's any good.
But some people are happy with it, so...
Hanks again. I've used ICE before. It stitches my photos fine but one of my issues is how when using photo director 9 i want to make use of the 360 photo editor but it doesn't recognise the picture as a 360. So frustrating!

I want ask about spherical panos.
When viewed via the dji go app whilst connected to the MA it shows me the pano in all its little planet glory. But outside of this its just a flat 360 pano.
Please can anyone tell me How can I view and share as a little planet?

I have tried to use Photo Director 9 but this says it needs a 360 photo. Does anyone have any knowledge of how to convert the image so that it is recognised?
Finaly I want to try to stitch the images myself for better quality etc. But photo director 9 only stitches 180's, vertical, and horizontal pictures.
Any help in getting me some 360 sphere action would be most appreciated.
Below is an example flat 360 that i can access.
Thanks

View attachment 33799

hi you can use Samsung Gear 360 Action Director.

Finally managed to work it all out. As usual something simple. In photo director Right click image mark as 360. Boom.
This is how I did it.
Took 360 pano with Mavic Air. Moved pano photos to pc.
I used Microsoft ICE to stitch the photos. This was not the right scale for 360 photos in photo director. So then I needed to add extra sky to make the image 2:1.
I used 'Gimp' Re-sized the canvas\image to 19968 wide by 9984 high. Moved the image down so that the fuzzy stuff was at the top. Saved and exported. You can add your own bit of sky in if you have a good image etc. I didn't.
I then imported to Photo Director. Clicked to make 360 and then used the Little Planet function. The fuzzy bit at the top turned out to default as white.
You can see the result attached.
Thanks for the help.
Little Planet.jpg

I just used Paint 3D to select a sliver of sky, and then stretch it up to the top of the canvas. Works well if the sky isn't too busy.
I will have a look into that. It worked in this instance with nothing there as the sky was white. But might be more helpful when faced with blue skys (in the uk so unlikely!).
Cheers

I've been stitching and editing 360 panos for over a year now using ICE and Faststone Image Viewer.

If you already have it stitched and it isn't being recognized, try right-clicking the file (in windows explorer), click properties, select the details tab, and scroll down to camera. Put "RICOH" as the camera and "RICOH THETA S" in the field below this. Click apply, (you should see a quick progress window pop up) then okay.

As long as your proportions are correct (2:1), you should be able to view it in Facebook and other sites.

After many people asked, I created a crude, but informative video on the pano stitching and editing process from start to finish. It ain't fancy, but it m7ght help someone:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_