DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printing Mavic Mini Stuff

Decided to only do the box under the controller. The space under the battery charging case has more room without the box. Also did leg extensions and had to throw in a baby Yoda for fun. Used an Ultimaker 2+ with PLA

Attachments

• 0108201830.jpg
    0108201830.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 127
Personally, I like the first version of the under the charger box - the one without the dbl doors. It is perfectly designed to firmly hold the single charger, it's usb cable and the extra sticks. Even without the lid they all stay put even when turned upside down. Great design!

Here are my must-haves when looking for 3D printers:
  • Heated bed
  • Large build surface
  • Steel (or solid) top frame (so printer head doesn't slide along a rail that can bow)
  • Easy to level & holds its level
  • Able to wirelessly print & change printer settings (no hardwired computer connection)
I'm currently printing with MakerGear M3 IDs.

View attachment 90080
I was looking at this one Ender 3 pro and Anycubic i3 mega s... what do you recommend and why ?

Last edited:
I was looking at this one Ender 3 pro and Anycubic i3 mega s... what do you recommend and why ?

I can recommend the Ender 3, as it's what I use. I did not, personally, do a lot of research before buying mine, but had seen MANY positive comments about its quality and its price point. There is a huge community of users using the Ender 3, so it's very easy to get help, and lots of resources (modifications, hacks, 3D models to print to enhance the printer, etc.) focused specifically on it. People typically compare its quality to much more expensive 3D printers. I'm not actually sure what you lose by buying an Ender 3 as opposed to a more expensive printer, so I'll be interested to hear what those things might be, if anyone knows.

Reactions: jkind
I'm not actually sure what you lose by buying an Ender 3 as opposed to a more expensive printer, so I'll be interested to hear what those things might be, if anyone knows.

You do get some nice extra features if you go for an Original Prusa over an Ender 3. My old MK2S has a genuine E3D v6 hotend, a heatbed with 3 different zones for more even heating, automatic mesh bed levelling, a PEI print surface, and trapezoidal lead screws for the Z axis. It’s also upgradable to a MK2.5 or MK3S through kits sold by Prusa, although I haven’t felt the need as I’m more than happy with the machine as it is. Prusa’s support is pretty good too, and there are regular updates to the Prusa Slicer software and printer profiles.

All that said, the Ender 3 is a hell of a machine for its price, and with some mods it can be a very capable printer.

Hi 3D printers friends!
I designed and printed this for my MM :)
featured_preview_20200104_190637_resized_1.jpg

MAVIC MINI RC hole cover !!!! by aeropic

Reactions: m80116
Just ordered a 'DJI Mavic Mini lens hood' that is 3D printed by MisschrisyCo, purchased through Etsy.com. Will share my opinion when it arrives and have tried it out. Pretty neat what can be created and 'printed'.
1578788559927.png

Reactions: m80116
I see some sites saying it's free to students (which I'm not), but their website just has the 30-day free trial, then it's $495 per year. o_O Anyway, I'm already fairly familiar with SketchUp, having used it to do 3D building models for uploading to Google Earth a few years back.
Actually it's also free as an "entrepreneur" and as long as you don't make over $100,000 (if I recall correctly) it's still free.

My version of phone adapter, uses a mag mount so it works withany case. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Last edited:
This is my remix of my favorite phone holder. Compact and will fit almost any phone with the case on. Option to use a lanyard as well.

I redesigned the bottom prop holder (basically a remix of Hoolyhoo clever design):
adding some modifications:
  • higher profile to avoid bending the blades at the rear
  • less play at the front lock
  • rounded corner with some slope to let the blades slide in position
  • more width
  • less play in length
featured_preview_20200208_152901.jpg

Reactions: douglas_in_philly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics