DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3D Printing Mavic Mini Stuff

I've printed the parts for several people, and would be happy to do it for just the cost of parts and shipping (I'm in Philadelphia), but you'd be limited to the colors of filament (the plastic that the 3D printer uses) which I have on hand, which are currently black, red, and royal blue.

Hey Doug...... please check your messages.

Cheers!

Hi, unfortunately I do not own a 3D printer nor does anyone I know. That said does anyone have a link to a site where I might be able to purchase some of the accessories shown above. Thanks!

Hi, unfortunately I do not own a 3D printer nor does anyone I know. That said does anyone have a link to a site where I might be able to purchase some of the accessories shown above. Thanks!
I've printed some of these items for several people. I'm only charging for materials and shipping. You're limited to the colors I have on hand (black, red, and royal blue). Let me know if I can help you out.

I designed a phone holder so that I can use my phone without taking it out of its Otterbox case.

Alan, when I go to slice the short screw using slic3r, the screw threads are not there. My PC is limited to this program as my graphics card is tool old to install OpenGL. Do you have a file that I can work with? The long screw looks fine.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6000 series

The installer reports a problem installing when trying to install the AMD software.
  • Embedded AMD Radeon graphics
I did use Alan's version of the screw. Seems to work well.

Now I have issues with the clamp since it needs supports as I can't print into thin air.

Sorry I just got this printer a week ago as a Christmas present. Seems that I need to buy a separate graphics card.

Last edited:
I have discovered an option in the SLIC3R program "generate support material" that added temporary support structures . I just need a cable that can reach into my Otter to connect to the controller. What did you use Dan?

I just need a cable that can reach into my Otter to connect to the controller.
This works perfectly with the Otterbox case:

Reactions: Windsor_ontario
I posted this in the Mini 2 discussion as that's what I have but these strobe mounts I designed for the Firehouse Dual Cree will also work on the Mini and are posted on Thingiverse.

More details, like weight, etc. can be found in the Mini 2 thread.

Attachments

• bottom_mount1.jpg
    bottom_mount1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 30
  • front_bottom.jpg
    front_bottom.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 30
  • top_mount.jpg
    top_mount.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 29
Thanks for starting the thread off Douglas..

I have been 3D printing for quite some time too.. I would not advise on brand or model of printer.. (controversial!)

However I can't be the only one who finds removing the Mini 2 batteries a difficulty (from the three battery holder and worse, the Mini 2 slot).. can I?.. my first design and print will be a puller that operates the release button on the battery and enables easy removal...

I'll post the design here when tested and finished

Well here it is.. My battery puller

No it isn't a pair of tweezers! LOL .it doesn't work like that.. there is nothing on the battery release side to grip into. The shorter leg is only there to release the battery (very light pressure)..... you just press down slightly more on the top section with the blade in thin slot/groove where the battery and just pull the battery out.

stl is here.. DJI Mini Battery puller by grazuncle

For those with printers.. 100% fill, no supports (if printed as is), Plain PLA, use a brim or raft if you have bed adhesion issues.

I'll post this as a new thread.. it might be useful to someone else and not find it in the thread.

I use it all of the time now..

Attachments

• IMG_20210406_091826_7.jpg
    IMG_20210406_091826_7.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 20
I've printed some of these items for several people. I'm only charging for materials and shipping. You're limited to the colors I have on hand (black, red, and royal blue). Let me know if I can help you out.
I would like to get the Mini battery puller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3