DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party charger overcharging batteries?

Reactions
I bought this charger from Amazon to charge the batteries for my Air 2:

https://www.amazon.com/Hanatora-Battery-Controller-Parallel-Charging/dp/B08J7M1MPL?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I like it and it charges 4 batteries in parallel in a little over an hour, but it has me a little concerned because it always seems to overcharge the batteries slightly. As it approaches 13.2V, the current drops to 0.7A, then 0.5A, then 0.3A, then the battery goes to LED 3 blinking twice per second and charging stops. According to the Air 2 manual, LED 3 blinking twice per second means "Overcharge detected":

1620746548131.png

By that time the charge current has dropped to almost nothing, so I doubt it's harming anything, but I wanted to see if anyone else with this charger sees the same behavior. My guess is it's just a subtle difference between what the charger thinks "fully charged" means and what the Smart Battery thinks "fully charged" means. It's the battery that controls the charging process, so it's probably just a matter of it detecting a full charge while the charger is still applying voltage, so it sets an error condition which shuts off the charger anyway. With the genuine DJI charger, there's probably some kind of communication going on that prevents this.

Anyway, this charger seems pretty popular, so anybody else see the same behavior with theirs?

Last edited:
:) the link you sent points to a samsung phone charger

I even opened it up in another browser and it still takes me to a Samsung charger.
However, I've noticed that Amazon is defaulting to .co.uk instead of .com

I have as well, no problems. I think what you're seeing is after charge, the charger will balance the cells within the battery. It takes a bit more time to complete. It' explains the process in the charger user manual.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada