DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd Party Mavic Pro batteries in use...

aczi

Reactions
Hi there,

I am now using 2 x 3rd party batteries for the Mavic Pro, I was concerend about the quality and compatibility during my first flight tests.

But they behave absolutely the same in the Mavic, even there is no error or other message from the Mavic,
the RC or the DJI Go app (various versions tested).
Flight time is the same, there is a automatic discharge, everything feels the same.
However the price difference of about ~10-15€ is not dramatic but there is one and after 4-5 cycles
I can`t tell any difference until now.
I am flying a lot in tuned sportmode (NLD) and there is nothing negative I can report.
They fit a little bit tighter then the original DJI batteries.
Voltage readings are the same and capacity seems also the same.

There is nothing much more to say, just to mention for the ones which consider to buy some.

Images of them will be added later here.

Regards,
Aczi

Mavic batteries have a serial number attached to them. I could be wrong, but I would imagine the battery serial number is logged in the dgi flight logs and if an event happened the use of that 3rd party battery could be deemed the cause of failure. Possibly voiding any warranty you may have.

To continue my rant. In the world of flying objects, DJI is extremely affordable and we are lucky the FAA hasn't required part certification as they do with airplanes helicopters etc. That would increase the price of parts exponentially. Using the wrong third party products increases the odds of an incident and too many of the wrong incidents will lead to faa certifications and these drones will go from 1k to 10k in a day and the batteries will go from $90 to $900 in that same time.

Reactions: allenface
Ah I forgot, why I usually stay away from posting experience like this:
toxicity of responses and ranting.

I guess if the FAA introduce part certification, they will also enforce A, B, C and D checks** like on airplanes and enforce a commercial pilot license as mandatory for drone pilots.
**golfpilot I guess you know what this is.

Which, btw, would kill the RC aircraft hobby as well.
And not to forget all the people which build a DIY drone, with no parts coming from DJI.
God bless DJI for there wisdom and that they are so inerrant.
Oh Lord please ban and destroy every 3rd part item in the world and punish the buyers, makers and developers, not only for drones instead for every existing product in the world.

I already really deeply regret to be such a fool to post a experience report about a 3rd party product.

@Moderator
Please close this thread.

Thanks and sorry for my toxic response.

Reactions: DDS
It is not meant to be toxic dude. And by all means, use 3rd party parts. You have checked voltages and seemed to have done your due diligence to confirm they work just the same. But somebody who isn’t as tech savvy or unaware may read a post regarding how it’s all sunshine and rainbows and throw a bad 3rd party battery in there and have all sorts of problems.

Forum is a place for conversation to talk about things. Someone can read this thread and see, yes they work, yes they are cheaper, and they can read well there may be some disadvantages such as unknown quality control, possible warranty void, etc.

It’s a good subject. Maybe somebody with a deep technical insight of these batteries can share their input here

Reactions: letsstart78
Good to hear you've had good experiences. Having third party suppliers for parts is never a bad thing - but you need of course to be mindful of the quality you're getting when dealing with an aircraft. But again, the responsibility is with the consumer.

DJI flight batteries don't exactly take rocket scientists to design, nor to be put together by magic elves.

I think the main takeaway is to use a good supplier. PowerExxtra for example, who have a long history of making third party batteries for forexample cordless drills and previous DJI models.

Sure, it voids your warranty, just as using third party brake pads on your car.

Having third party options can only be positive - especially when the MP starts to age and DJI loses interest in supporting it.

Mavic batteries have a serial number attached to them. I could be wrong, but I would imagine the battery serial number is logged in the dgi flight logs and if an event happened the use of that 3rd party battery could be deemed the cause of failure. Possibly voiding any warranty you may have.

To continue my rant. In the world of flying objects, DJI is extremely affordable and we are lucky the FAA hasn't required part certification as they do with airplanes helicopters etc. That would increase the price of parts exponentially. Using the wrong third party products increases the odds of an incident and too many of the wrong incidents will lead to faa certifications and these drones will go from 1k to 10k in a day and the batteries will go from $90 to $900 in that same time.
To your point...would you want to fly in a commercial jet with anything less than OEM parts...or batteries??

Hey, you did your research and found that these batteries are on par with DJI’s. I’m all for using 3rd party as long as their tech is quality.

Reactions: allenface
Ah I forgot, why I usually stay away from posting experience like this:
toxicity of responses and ranting.

I guess if the FAA introduce part certification, they will also enforce A, B, C and D checks** like on airplanes and enforce a commercial pilot license as mandatory for drone pilots.
**golfpilot I guess you know what this is.

Which, btw, would kill the RC aircraft hobby as well.
And not to forget all the people which build a DIY drone, with no parts coming from DJI.
God bless DJI for there wisdom and that they are so inerrant.
Oh Lord please ban and destroy every 3rd part item in the world and punish the buyers, makers and developers, not only for drones instead for every existing product in the world.

I already really deeply regret to be such a fool to post a experience report about a 3rd party product.

@Moderator
Please close this thread.

Thanks and sorry for my toxic response.
Glad they work
I had an experience w the p2 aftermarket batteries. They seemed to work fine till a firmware update..since than I stay away from aftermarket but for all I know your mp battery can be made in the same sweat shop as dji just wo the branding.
Good luck and keep in mind there are 100000+ members here with very different opinions however we all share the same love for the hobby. Is what makes this community so awesome lots of views yet 1 love so please keep these posts coming
Btw I’m sure there’s not too many mp out there w a valid dji warranty.

Hey, you did your research and found that these batteries are on par with DJI’s. I’m all for using 3rd party as long as their tech is quality.
Don’t really have that option. I only went by their AD claiming compatibility and high quality. They seemed fine at first but now nothing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760