DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3rd party wide angle lens for Mavic 3

SkywalkerFeng

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
Case, a company specializing in making optical filters, just released the first 3rd party wide angle lens designed for Mavic 3. Interestingly, there are two different versions: a wide-angle and a cinema lens, both are wider than the main camera lens on Mavic 3.

Currently they are only available for sale in China.

I expect other manufactors to release similar 3rd party lens in near future.

wide angle.png

Cine.jpg

screenshot.png

Last edited:
That uncoated glass in the first product photo looks like it'll flare like crazy. Curious how this actually performs. I'd probably just shoot a panorama over this - with it being attached to the front, I feel like you'd be stuck with that FoV unless you want to land, switch back, etc.

That uncoated glass in the first product photo looks like it'll flare like crazy. Curious how this actually performs. I'd probably just shoot a panorama over this - with it being attached to the front, I feel like you'd be stuck with that FoV unless you want to land, switch back, etc.

Nothing is confirmed, until Case publishes a more detailed spec, or someone posts a review about its performance.

BTW, I think these two accessories are more useful to videographers than photographers. Without it you can't get a wider field of view when shooting videos.

Very interesting to see these 3rd party options. I've had the DJI wide angle lens on order since the day I ordered the M3. Still waiting on it to ship- hopefully soon.

What I'm most curious about is how we can use ND with these wide angle lenses. The stock filters won't be compatible. It would seem we need filters that go between the front glass and adapter.

Very interesting to see these 3rd party options. I've had the DJI wide angle lens on order since the day I ordered the M3. Still waiting on it to ship- hopefully soon.

What I'm most curious about is how we can use ND with these wide angle lenses. The stock filters won't be compatible. It would seem we need filters that go between the front glass and adapter.
That's a very good point.

How would you be able to use all the ND filters you purchased when using the wide angle lens. The only solution I can see is a wide angle ND filter set.

Seems like a little bit of an oversight, like who honestly wants to buy two sets of the same ND filters for one drone.

Still it will make a few third party developers fairly happy.

Most likely there will be no ND filters for them - consider the weight on a gimble to handle :) But I can live without it ;)

Apparently the OEM DJI wide angle adapter does not allow the machine to do hyperlapses while installed. The limitation can be bypassed by removing one of the magnets in the housing but still, I'd rather not and what a classic example of absurd DJI workflow. My bet is that the optics with the DJI unit are superior to 3rd party but it makes me wonder if 3rd party adapters also exhibit this limitation.

Possibly get old school gel NDs, cut them to fit inside the wide angle filter.
Back in film days used to do this with some color correction filters to tape to rear elements of lenses like the 16mm fisheye or when there weren’t glass ones available for what we needed. Crude but effective

Very few wide angles will have an ND but I have seen one

Freewell Wide Angle & Anamorphic Lens with ND Filter Compatible with Mavic 3/Mavic 3 Cine https://a.co/d/1AxhA79

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan