DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

400 ft ATO -- But higher AGL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You based your poorly structured

You based your tenuous argument entirely on the dictionary definition.
But look in any proper dictionary and you find that it has more meanings than the definition you insisted on pushing.
So the only "proper" dictionary is the one you used.

The argument was based on the regulations as written and common definitions for the words used in the regulations.. There was nothing "silly" about the argument but you poorly choice to cast a negative cloud over the argument by characterizing it as silly. No need to do that. Provide your counter argument and others can decide on which is silly.

So the only "proper" dictionary is the one you used.
There re lots of proper dictionaries.
A proper one would be one that gives all meanings for a word, not just one.
I'm tired of the pedantic and silly nature of your arguing about something so simple and basic.
Goodbye.

@2edgesword's signature line - "Some basic rules: Maximum altitude 400', remain within visual line of sight, no flight in controlled airspace without authorization, no flight over people or moving vehicles."

Essence of 44809: Fly only for recreation, follow a recognized set of operating guidelines, remain within visual line of sight, don't interfere with manned aircraft, no flight in controlled airspace without authorization, maximum altitude 400', get your TRUST certificate, register and mark your aircraft.

Until specific community based organizations are recognized, that part is a bit vague. In the interim the FAA provides simple guidelines.
  • Fly only for recreational purposes
  • Keep your unmanned aircraft within your visual line-of-sight or within the visual line of sight of a visual observer who is co-located and in direct communication with you
  • Do not fly above 400 feet in uncontrolled (Class G) airspace
  • Do not fly in controlled airspace without an FAA authorization
  • Follow all FAA airspace restrictions, including special security instructions and temporary flight restrictions
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Always give way to all other aircraft
  • Never fly over groups of people, public events, or stadiums full of people
  • Never fly near emergency response activities
  • Never fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Simple, concise, straightforward.

(No references to sectional charts and no references to structures.)
What is controlled airspace? How do you define "near other aircraft"? Who are these community based organizations? Is it 400 feet AGL, MSL, ATO or some other measure of 400? I could go on but the regulations are poorly written and too restrictive for some scenarios.

I give up. I still say there are two camps, and this thread seems to be proving it. What's a structure... rock piles, tree houses, the grand canyon. The thread is going nowhere.

What is controlled airspace? How do you define "near other aircraft"? Who are these community based organizations? Is it 400 feet AGL, MSL, ATO or some other measure of 400? I could go on but the regulations are poorly written and too restrictive for some scenarios.

I find the recreational SUAS rules to be simple, straightforward, and concise.

This thread has become non-productive and downright silly. I have no interest in discussing whether a radio tower might be confused with the Grand Canyon or the atomic structure of a diamond. Goodbye.

Well folks, we've done it AGAIN (As I predicted). This thread is officially a GONER!!

I find it very disheartening when a very good topic that could be SO useful to SO many is now trodden down with absolute cow by-product and now, for all intents and purposes USELESS!

I hope you're proud of yourselves!!

*** THREAD CLOSED!!! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FNG_