DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4000 ft from Home in the IRELAND RAIN ! - Phantom Rain Post

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Every now and than we get a testimonial that is really nice.
The full video will posted on our website.

The client is in Northern Ireland and takes off on the beach where it is cloudy but not raining at all..
As he is watching the camera at 4000 ft above the mountain he see some drops of rain and start to gently back off flying his drone backwards . , Great tip to keep rain off of the lens.

but than he spins to see what is behind him and realizes the storm is behind him.

Awesome Capture and use of the Phantom Rain Wet Suits.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Phantom in the Rain
Coal

The client is in Northern Ireland and takes off on the beach where it is cloudy but not raining at all..
As he is watching the camera at 4000 ft above the mountain he see some drops of rain and start to gently back off flying his drone backwards . , Great tip to keep rain off of the lens.

but than he spins to see what is behind him and realizes the storm is behind him.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Wow amazing

2 queries
1. you make m2 and mp wet suits
2. you sell to resellers
if yes please pm me

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Nice video, Ballygally Castle Hotel with its haunted tower.

So the castle is 400 years old, they say if something is 100 years old at least 1 ghost story exists.
This one is 400 years old with some original room untouched, thus there our hundreds of ghost stories about this place and lady Isabella is a rock star ghost in that castle...

Ireland should be on everyones Drone List but I have never seen drone video on Stone Hedge is that protected and off limits ?

Reactions: davemorts
Y'all head on up the east coast to the north of Belfast. Even the harbor in Larne is OK, just talk to the Harbormaster. Going up the coast two hours you will find Giant's Causeway now it is on the National Trust, so no flying. PortRush and Portstewart in the north are cool and currently in free to fly zones. The Open is coming in July. Two of my favorite places. Northern Ireland overall is pretty free and available to fly. The south however is ........tricky.. your drone might get shot down.

Y'all head on up the east coast to the north of Belfast. Even the harbor in Larne is OK, just talk to the Harbormaster. Going up the coast two hours you will find Giant's Causeway now it is on the National Trust, so no flying. PortRush and Portstewart in the north are cool and currently in free to fly zones. The Open is coming in July. Two of my favorite places. Northern Ireland overall is pretty free and available to fly. The south however is ........tricky.. your drone might get shot down.

Were you serious about the drone being shot down in the south ireland ?

Stonehenge is over England way and it too is on the National Trust. To your query about the south, besides being an NFZ due to airports, if you fly your drone in Belfast City Ireland you are taking some serious chance of it "falling from the sky". This is what the locals tell me. They say it will not be due to drone equipment failure but intervention. Not sure about Dublin way but I reckon it could be like flying over many places in the US, it could happen if one is high profile.

Since there seems to be some interest, here is a link to a current National Trust site listing in the UK. Search Places | National Trust. These are some of the most beautiful sites in Europe but flying over them is a no..no... Rain or shine. National Trust=NFZ. Drone registration is coming to the UK soon. Keep posted.

My experience in this region has been if you fly with common sense most folk are tolerant of your activities, mildly curious or really could could care less. Let courtesy and respect for privacy guide you and you will be fine. There are many Game of Thrones sites in NI that are free zones now the show is finished filming. Got one video with the rainsuit in some snow earlier in the year.

BTW, second drone, second suit and hoping the second performs as good as the first. I really do try to fly in good weather but sometimes the footage is hard to pass up. The wetsuit is a nice risk mitigation tool. M2

Stonehenge is over England way and it too is on the National Trust. To your query about the south, besides being an NFZ due to airports, if you fly your drone in Belfast City Ireland you are taking some serious chance of it "falling from the sky". This is what the locals tell me. They say it will not be due to drone equipment failure but intervention. Not sure about Dublin way but I reckon it could be like flying over many places in the US, it could happen if one is high profile.

Since there seems to be some interest, here is a link to a current National Trust site listing in the UK. Search Places | National Trust. These are some of the most beautiful sites in Europe but flying over them is a no..no... Rain or shine. National Trust=NFZ. Drone registration is coming to the UK soon. Keep posted.

My experience in this region has been if you fly with common sense most folk are tolerant of your activities, mildly curious or really could could care less. Let courtesy and respect for privacy guide you and you will be fine. There are many Game of Thrones sites in NI that are free zones now the show is finished filming. Got one video with the rainsuit in some snow earlier in the year.

BTW, second drone, second suit and hoping the second performs as good as the first. I really do try to fly in good weather but sometimes the footage is hard to pass up. The wetsuit is a nice risk mitigation tool. M2

Your video is one of my all time favorites videos ever made.
was wondering what you thought about the New Lunar Landing Pad , keep me posted.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Your video is one of my all time favorites videos ever made.
was wondering what you thought about the New Lunar Landing Pad , keep me posted.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Hi Coal,
Just saw the video. It looks interesting as I hand launch almost exclusively. I see a video of a hand launch in the rain coming soon! ⛈?.

I also just got my wet suit a really bright blue one and was wondering what you did after the flight was over , were you able to fly that same day or the next. Is there a waiting period to fly after such a storm ?

I also just got my wet suit a really bright blue one and was wondering what you did after the flight was over , were you able to fly that same day or the next. Is there a waiting period to fly after such a storm ?

We have found that if you just place the drone in a dry /warm environment or a room with a fireplace and this is all you need after a serious flight in the rain.

Just remember to fold up the Legs and get a Secure hold on the Drone when Unsealing the Battery , I have made a video showing how that is done..

Last edited:
That was an amazing video !!!

As far as I know you can still fly there , its amazing area this Ireland but not sure about covid restrictions.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain

Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS