DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4000 mt takeoff

martre

Reactions
I know maximum flight altitude is 4000 mt, someone know if is possible to flight at this altitude or there's a software/firmware block?

You don't have any blocks there besides the pure physics... at that altitude above sea level the air is thinner so the motors need to spin faster to make up for the less thrust generated per rev. This mean in practice that your drone might be prone to lose height, be more wobbly, have a harder time to hold horizontal position & be more affected by winds and the risk is higher that it can be blown away.

You don't have any blocks there besides the pure physics... at that altitude above sea level the air is thinner so the motors need to spin faster to make up for the less thrust generated per rev. This mean in practice that your drone might be prone to lose height, be more wobbly, have a harder time to hold horizontal position & be more affected by winds and the risk is higher that it can be blown away.
I know, I just need to take a quick picture, I will take off at 4250 mt

Reactions: rjwmorrell
There's no software block to prevent you from taking off at that altitude. Your drone may simply just not have enough power to be able to create lift at that air density along with other environmental factors. Especially when you try to gain further altitude from that location.

What will often happen is even though you might create some lift straight up, your drone starts to descend as you try to move forward, as it doesn't have enough power to maintain lift while tilting forward.

I know maximum flight altitude is 4000 mt, someone know if is possible to flight at this altitude or there's a software/firmware block?
4000 m is what DJI calls the max service ceiling, meaning they will not guarantee that the drone will behave normally above that height. There is no "block".
It has been proven lots of times that flying at 4-5000m is no problem at all.

The Mavic 3 max ceiling is rated by DJI at 6000 meters.

That's nice. But this is being asked in the mini 2 section. Not the mavic 3 (not to be confused with the mini 3).
My only point is that all aircraft have a max ceiling height, after that the air is too thin to provide enough lift, obviously it's different for every aircraft.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
My only point is that all aircraft have a max ceiling height, after that the air is too thin to provide enough lift, obviously it's different for every aircraft.
Then could have said that in the previous comment :p without there really wasn't a point, it just made it look like you were confused to which sub-forum you were in.

I did an incredible flight at 4350 mt with strong wind without problem, thanks for your replies, I'm very satisfied

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky