DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

the rc works great with aircraft and the video is perfect on my ipad. I tried the usb connector, lightning connector to no avail. whats the deal. obvious it's something to do with my iPhone 6.

the only new thing I did was download a vr app. I wonder if that somehow threw off my phone. is that possible???

just remember what someone said and use 4.15 dji go 4 don't use the latest version.

I've just ordered an android device for my Mavic Pro. New to android so wanted to know how I should go about getting older app versions on the phone safely.

Why are we advised not to use the latest app?

.15 doesn't support quick shots, does it?

looking forward to the Huawei since suddenly my iPhone 6 doesn't want to work with the remote. and my ipad air 2 is way to big to fit. I put it in lengthwise and I was flying the remote while my head was turned the other way to look at the lengthwise ipad air 2. haha. I looked like an idiot.

I've just ordered an android device for my Mavic Pro. New to android so wanted to know how I should go about getting older app versions on the phone safely.

Why are we advised not to use the latest app?

.15 doesn't support quick shots, does it?
Latest app is buggy and crashes on some phones. .15 does have quickshots.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Ok. This forum convinced me! My Galaxy S7 has been struggling with the DJI Go app from day one (probably because I have so many other apps running on it). Thanks @Xtreme Drone Pilot !!

And, for some reason, probably because it's so cheap, I bought 2! I'm sure I'll find a good use for the second one...

Several inquired on cable for the phone, as indicated this is a micro usb phone so you’d need a male micro to male micro to use the side port... preferably a 90 degree on one end. Or a male micro to male standard usb to use bottom port. A quick search found 90 degree 10" cable for both on Amazon. Many more options ranging 6" upwards... I’ve found a 10" works great to reduce the excess cable for phones and tablets on grip mount or alternate holder.
Micro - Micro
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765WMLK5/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2YN3TQL2OH8ZC&colid=2YLP1D92LCVT8&psc=0

Micro to USB
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XXBVYZ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2RK3H91VLXWXD&colid=2YLP1D92LCVT8&psc=0

Last edited:
Ok. This forum convinced me! My Galaxy S7 has been struggling with the DJI Go app from day one (probably because I have so many other apps running on it). Thanks @Xtreme Drone Pilot !!

And, for some reason, probably because it's so cheap, I bought 2! I'm sure I'll find a good use for the second one...

My 2nd one is experimental (I even put the word "Experimental" on its screen lock), I will keep the same set of apps on it as my primary phone (still Note 4) and will keep them up-to-date and see which updates break the experience and thus not to update to on Note 4.

I can give you so many examples when an app update totally destroys what used to be a great app. Take Gas Buddy, for example. Used to be a good app for finding lowest gas prices. Now when I click on the map, instead of showing the map of the whole area, it automatically zooms in and selects the cheapest station which can be many miles away and I'm not interested in, I just want to see the **** map with prices! Extremely annoying.

Most app makers these days try to imitate Apple in their arrogant treatment of users such as never ending dialog boxes without option "Do not show again". They stopped respecting users altogether.

Reactions: Doug D
It's worth adding a app like app freezer to freeze all the background apps/bloatware that you can't remove from the phone. Some apps run in the background and suck up ram.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven