DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

I like toys. How do you utilize this in the field?
it has a sd slot,you use your phone to copy from phone to drive or sdcard to drive,wd has one but is bulky
havent tested its range but you can keep it elsewhere[pocket] and view files on your phone,

Well, for the price of this drive ($110?), you can buy at least 3 Samsung 64GB cards ($37), that's about 7 hours of *4K* footage. What's the scenario where you need to shoot more than 7 hours and don't have access to your computer?

Well, for the price of this drive ($110?), you can buy at least 3 Samsung 64GB cards ($37), that's about 7 hours of *4K* footage. What's the scenario where you need to shoot more than 7 hours and don't have access to your computer?
the scenario is if your with friends and want to share a mission,pic from months ago you can,sdcards are just storage,unless your phone has a sd slot:mad:

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Flown a few times with .18 no crashes yet...... Installed over .15 (with maps offline)

OK, flew for about 20 minutes and the app .18 crashed on me, screen went black. The controller was still communicating with the Mavic so I was able to restart the app and everything was fine at that point. Not sure if this is the type of crash others have reported. I have probably flown about a total of 2 hours with this being the first crash, not sure if that is what others reported previously on .18

Ill try another cord, however, I just turned mine on after charging all afternoon and reaching 100%...My battery is already down to 87% and its only been on for 5 minutes...In fact, in the time it has taken me to type this message, it has dropped from 87% to 82% and I literally haven't done ANYTHING with the phone.

Sounds like you have a faulty unit, battery or phone, I would return it for an exchange. Just looked at mine after three weeks in the draw from 100% and it is down to about 76% right now.

If this is post flight(s) if i were seeing this I'd delete the folder that's on the internal storage, fly a few times and see what happens. If you have all the settings correct I'll bet everything will go on the SD card after that. Don't think it'd hurt anything...

Ok...I messed up. I was using FX file manager and it listed Main Storage and Media Card as search options. For some reason, Main Storage includes the media card. I used the Wunderphone file manager and Astro file manager which confirmed that my DJI apps are on the SD card and are not duplicated on the internal memory.. the WP internal memory is showing 6.59 GB free.

Reactions: Hotelone
Forgive me for not wanting to re-enlighten my brain by going through the 79 pages of this thread to find out ~how do I move Go4 to the microSD card? I remember reading some dos and don'ts about the process... Any help would be appreciated!

Forgive me for not wanting to re-enlighten my brain by going through the 79 pages of this thread to find out ~how do I move Go4 to the microSD card? I remember reading some dos and don'ts about the process... Any help would be appreciated!
have you considered that moving go4 to the sdcard will slow the app down,more so according to the card speed.

Ill try another cord, however, I just turned mine on after charging all afternoon and reaching 100%...My battery is already down to 87% and its only been on for 5 minutes...In fact, in the time it has taken me to type this message, it has dropped from 87% to 82% and I literally haven't done ANYTHING with the phone.

Are you using it as a phone with a SIM card and mobile data?

My bad. I just realized what I was missing... Ppl are setting the Go4 app to *cache* to the microSD - not running the app from the sd. Move along ~nothing to see here..
one 'lil booboo can cost plenty

Are you using it as a phone with a SIM card and mobile data?

I am not, I removed the SIM card before I even powered it on for the first time. I deleted most of the unnecessary apps. I also went into setting to see what the biggest drain on the battery was, and it’s just the os I guess. I dunno.

I am not, I removed the SIM card before I even powered it on for the first time. I deleted most of the unnecessary apps. I also went into setting to see what the biggest drain on the battery was, and it’s just the os I guess. I dunno.
the biggest load will always be the processor on any device obviously, but the load can be reduced by removing unneeded processes

So can this fit in the factory controller? I have an iPhone 7 with an otter box on it for work and I hate taking the case off it every time I fly it. For 50 dollars its not even worth messing with. It seems like once you go to .15 instead of .18 everything is super stable with zero issues? Side note, I can only find them for 89 bucks, did walmart raise their price?

So can this fit in the factory controller? I have an iPhone 7 with an otter box on it for work and I hate taking the case off it every time I fly it. For 50 dollars its not even worth messing with. It seems like once you go to .15 instead of .18 everything is super stable with zero issues? Side note, I can only find them for 89 bucks, did walmart raise their price?
yup,i paid $93 total for my 2nd phone

I had the same problem at first. Turned out I was using a charge only cable that was somehow limiting the current. Try a different cable. Mine charges fast now.
Doesn't make sense. Power/current only goes over 2 wires in the cable
Go to BestBuy, it is $65
Cricket Wireless - Huawei Elate 4G LT

Found one on Amazon for 62 bucks with my prime. Its on its way. Im literally an apple only guy, from my laptop to my watch. I was looking for a cheap alternative as far as a monitor for my newly purchased Mavic and this was a great idea. Thanks Xtreme Drone Pilot!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock