DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

So I'm not sure where the problem is since I recently installed Go 4 .15 on a new Wunderphone and .700 on the Mavic. All appeared well and I'm having a blast with the new setup, but I noticed a problem yesterday that I've never seen before. I'm losing the the Remote Control signal strength icon on the Go 4 app when I get a few hundred feet away from my position on the ground. In the video, I lose it at about 120' away from my position but it comes back as soon as I hit the RTH button and the Mavic spins around to face the Home Point. At the same time, I lose the HD signal strength icon. I still have the RC icon on the RC so I never had any doubts about losing control but I'd like to fix the issue. Any suggestions??? Here is a link for the screen cap...(I sped up the video before hitting the RTH).

Go4 Screen Cap.mp4

I had the same problem with HD signal,it's high noise interference in your area

Most likely. I fly mostly in the desert and mountains, and have never had any problems with the signal other than warnings caused by my WiFi hotspot, after which I learned that it's just better to put the hotspot in Airplane mode, done. Turning off any Bluetooth devices helps, too. Little preventive steps can go a long way for worry-free flying Mavic deserves.

Just thought of something. Maybe I missed it. I'm assuming the OTG issue still plagues the Huwei. In other words, loss of telemetry?

From my experience, the location of the remote is highly important. For example, when I try to fly from my condo complex I can't go beyond 1200 meters in any direction below I low remote controller signal completely. On the other hand from the beach state park where there are no houses for about half a mile, I can go all the way to my house and back which is about 2.5 miles away. Random kind of. So the signal interference of the aircraft is not important as the remote.

is there a "modified" Go 4.1.15 avail to download with goodies fixed? Thanks all
I think the latest is 4.1.14 but it works fine. No need to go to .15.
See Quad 808's blog on RCGroups. Go to the section on Go app patching.

Last edited:
So has anyone had any luck find an affordable unlock service for the XT2 - only ones I located were $40.

I don't know of any which one is $40 please let me know. Dc-unlocker said they will have it done by February and charge the typical $5.

This is not the same as having the phone rooted, which is what I believe quite a few of us are waiting for.
Are we? What are the benefits of having the phone rooted, for the purposes of Mavic-flying?

I just went out to purchase this. Cheap alternative for now on top of my note 3. My note3 currently have battery issues which doesn't last long so hopefully this takes care of it as well as living up to it's hype.

OK guys, after a long wait for Santa, my Platinum is unboxed, all batteries charged, and the RC clamped around the Wunderphone. Out of the box I have 01.04.0000 on the aircraft and 01.03.1000 on the controller. GO is 4.1.15, downgraded from .18 as described in this thread.
Should I update anything? I have plenty of time. After months of dry-as-a-bone beautiful flying weather, it's snowing with highs in the 20s (F).
The aircraft has been disconnecting unexpectedly, and every time I throttle up with the simulator, I get: "Warning: Motor current error. Check your propellers and fly with caution." I've found others who have seen this in simulator, but say their birds fly just fine. My motors have not turned one rev.

Last edited:
I have my atlas set up with mini 4,my other rc has Wunderphone,there is soo much interference at home can't use Wunderphone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy