DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k Hyperlapse Vol 1

Joe Foreman

Reactions

A compilation of my first several Hyperlapse, in 4k with the Mavic Air 2. My favourite one is the last one :)

Loving the resulting image from the 12mp dng's. A couple came out a bit shaky even with post stabilisation, but overall enjoying this feature greatly. From those not yet aware, you can make 4k Hyperlapse from the "1080p" setting by saving the individual images and compiling them in post. This gives you the flexibility of the 1080p settings + the image quality of 4k. Enjoy!

Nicely done! You should try using some ND filters to get a bit of a long exposure (1/3, 1/4 at least), it helps a lot especially with scenes like the one at 0:30, having those cars blurred would make the scene much better

how much flow type stabilization did you end up needing to apply in post?
I've noticed that the camera angle is much better than my original MP running a Lychee hyper-lapse, but the altitude control is still terrible for anything with foreground objects.

Nicely done! You should try using some ND filters to get a bit of a long exposure (1/3, 1/4 at least), it helps a lot especially with scenes like the one at 0:30, having those cars blurred would make the scene much better
Thanks for the tip! Definately Will try that out. Been wondering when I would use that 256 in the flymore set, and you have answered that question :)

Awesome!! I am waiting for my MA2 to arrive this week! :cool:

At 0:22 I notice a nice "dolly zoom"-like effect. Did you do it? Or it is forward movement plus tilting down the gimbal?
Ya that was the natural forward movement of the drone plus a zoom and position in post. Kinda cool, wish I had run the shot longer, I reckon it was about to get epic! ;) Next time (it's above my house lol)

• Love
Reactions: tonydeli7
how much flow type stabilization did you end up needing to apply in post?
I've noticed that the camera angle is much better than my original MP running a Lychee hyper-lapse, but the altitude control is still terrible for anything with foreground objects.
I use Mercalli v4 + warp stabiliser. I'm still learning the best combo. Some shots barely need any if the day is still.

Reactions: TooSlow2Care

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan