DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Talk about these features...

Droning on and on...

Reactions
This article describes lots about the new A3. In particular, I've the the exact same copy now in two different articles, obviously a cut/paste job from some DJI media material.

In any case, I'd like to hear from someone with an A3 that's looked at these features... anything you want to say about it 🙂
  • Night Mode: Thanks to the noise reduction algorithm, the DJI Air 3 can capture up to 4K/30fps clean footage in low-light environments.
  • SmartPhoto 3.0: In single shot mode, the DJI Air 3 uses SmartPhoto 3.0 by default, which can automatically select among HDR, hyperlight, and scene recognition according to the scenario for better imaging results. In HDR DNG format, the camera can record a larger dynamic range with built-in contrast enhancement. The image file can achieve JPG-level quality in post-editing software, reducing the difficulty of post-production.

Scene recognition?

Aren't most photos taken by drones going to be landscapes?

Not too many drone portraits.

Scene recognition?

Aren't most photos taken by drones going to be landscapes?

Not too many drone portraits.
Sure.

Do you have an Air 3? Can you comment in any informative way specifically about the features above?

This article describes lots about the new A3. In particular, I've the the exact same copy now in two different articles, obviously a cut/paste job from some DJI media material.

In any case, I'd like to hear from someone with an A3 that's looked at these features... anything you want to say about it 🙂
  • Night Mode: Thanks to the noise reduction algorithm, the DJI Air 3 can capture up to 4K/30fps clean footage in low-light environments.
  • SmartPhoto 3.0: In single shot mode, the DJI Air 3 uses SmartPhoto 3.0 by default, which can automatically select among HDR, hyperlight, and scene recognition according to the scenario for better imaging results. In HDR DNG format, the camera can record a larger dynamic range with built-in contrast enhancement. The image file can achieve JPG-level quality in post-editing software, reducing the difficulty of post-production.
Looks good in videos already on Net
Waiting for fog to clear, must try them out!

Mine is "out for delivery" so, should have mine today.

I just tested the drone out for the first time, completely dark. I filmed a well-lit city, running her in "nightmode" then ran the same route again in straight "auto". Got better results in auto. "Nightmode" introduced too many artifacts trying to cut down the noise. Something I also see in My Autel Lite+. the 3x tele gave very good results at night, filming the same city. I wasn't expecting good results because of it's smaller 2.8 aperture, but i got very usable footage.

Reactions: Torque
Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart