DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K on TV ?

jagwal

Reactions
I have a 4K TV, but what do I need to play the mavic 4K video on my TV? I have tried via USB-in, but it only supports up to 1080P. I suspect the HDMI in is the only option so I would need some sort of media player correct?

What would be a (-low budget please-) good option?

Thanks in advance

I have a 4K TV, but what do I need to play the mavic 4K video on my TV? I have tried via USB-in, but it only supports up to 1080P. I suspect the HDMI in is the only option so I would need some sort of media player correct?

Thanks in advance
Have you tried a type 3 usb? I have an old 4k tv (with a blue type 3 usb port) and I can plumb 4k in straight from a type 3 usb drive. Good Luck.

Connect your computer to the TV?

My TV reads 4K straight from USB with no issue, old ones might not.

Some of them are quite fussy, was your USB attempt using a USB3 flashdrive or a USB3 card reader?
I can play original or edited video like that on my Panasonic.

I tried a usb 3.0 card reader, a 3.0 memory stick, and a external hard drive with usb 3.0.
The TV is brand new, but it mentions in the manual, that up to 1080 is only supported via the USB.

Edit: Turns out the TV port is only USB 2.0, have to go via hdmi

Last edited:
A 4K Roku player connected through an HDMI port would be one way to go. They have USB ports on the side or you can stream through them from your computer. Make sure the HDMI port you use supports 4K. Not all do.

Roku

Also, I assume your new TV is a smart TV (knowing the brand and model number would help us). It may have built-in apps for streaming from YouTube or your computer.

I have a 4K TV, but what do I need to play the mavic 4K video on my TV?

I upload all my MPP footage to my NAS and stream it from there to my UHD TV. You could probably stream the video files from a shared folder on your PC as well.

Youtube. :) Assuming you have something that can play youtube in 4k...

You could probably also use a USB memory stick, or if you have a media share that you can play from your TV.

Thanks all for your comments !

Mr. Salty;
No, TV is not a smart TV but a budget model, sorry the specs are limited but here is the link:

65” Ultra High Definition LED LCD TV

Ardeban;
I looked at the Xiaomi Mi Box, very interested as I recently bought a Xiaomi phone and I am very impressed with the quality vs price.
In the reviews however some people reported choppy playback on 4K, which is holding me back.
Do you use a Mi Box?
Looks like a "TV box" is the way to go though, at the same time making the TV "smart".
That way I will kill two birds with one stone.

There is so much rubbish around though in that department, hard to find what to get.

No, TV is not a smart TV but a budget model

Looks like a "TV box" is the way to go though, at the same time making the TV "smart".

Do you have a 4K Blu-ray player? Often those are capable of streaming as well.

I can cast a 4K video file from my W10 laptop to my 4K tv via my Wi-Fi network. Looks stunning.
I do exactly the same lol, so easy, I even do my editing on my laptop while watching it on the 65 inch screen

I'll bet the 1080p limitation via USB has nothing to do with USB. The USB2.0 spec allows up to 480Mb/s data transfer rates, your Mavic Pro only records at 60Mb/s in 4K. This is obviously a TV specific limitation.

A reasonably priced and very functional solution would be to use a Raspberry PI 3, together with a KODI build. The RPI3 supports 4K video via full-HDMI and KODI is a lovely application to play all your videos sourced from either USB, network stream or even an external hard drive. You can even watch all the IP TV channels. I think RPI3's are about £30 these days and KODI is open source.

You can also get VESA mounts for the RPI so it nicely mounts to the back of the TV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas