DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4k video play back is stuttering?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Anyone else having this issue? I just got the drone today and playing around with it. Downloaded the video off the drone and it starts to play all right then goes into a hard stutter on multiple videos i shot in the same flight.

It is not the hardware of the computer im pushing 3 144z monitors.. Does it in Media player classic, windows media player and VLC player (worse). Additionally, it seems to be doing it on my phone as well so i think its the source video.

Short cut sample of it if anyone wanted to see for themselves...

Edit: I figured it out!!!!!!! I had stuck a older 32 gig sd card in there and it seems it was taking longer to write to it somehow. This was causing the issue after testing between it, internal storage and a newer sd card I had. Seems to be working fine on videos now when not flying will double confirm tomorrow when I get it up in the air again int he light.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcfd29
Anyone else having this issue? I just got the drone today and playing around with it. Downloaded the video off the drone and it starts to play all right then goes into a hard stutter on multiple videos i shot in the same flight.

It is not the hardware of the computer im pushing 3 144z monitors.. Does it in Media player classic, windows media player and VLC player (worse). Additionally, it seems to be doing it on my phone as well so i think its the source video.

Short cut sample of it if anyone wanted to see for themselves...
You need to spend some money on more horsepower. My new computer will be here in a little more than a week. I spent more on that than I did on my Mavic.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
You need to spend some money on more horsepower. My new computer will be here in a little more than a week. I spent more on that than I did on my Mavic.

I am running a 1080 ti with an i7 6700 @ 4 ghz... It isnt top of the line but it is not a slouch. However, I figured it out!! I had stuck a older 32 gig sd card in there and it seems it was taking longer to write to it somehow. This was causing the issue after testing between it, internal storage and a newer sd card I had.

It will probably be down to shutter speed I imagine.
Try to keep the shutter speed at double the frame rate of the video, ie 60fps video = 1/120 shutter speed.
I’m still new to this myself, but that’s what I’ve gathered.

If required use an nd filter.

I had stuck a older 32 gig sd card in there and it seems it was taking longer to write to it somehow. This was causing the issue after testing between it, internal storage and a newer sd card I had. Seems to be working fine on videos now when not flying will double confirm tomorrow when I get it up in the air again int he light.

There are 2 issues with stuttering video.

1. The screen card is too slow to capture the 4 k video with the codec you choose. Understand the speed requirements of the DJI drone video described in the manual. SD cards come with a great variety of speed capabilities. Only the fastest works well.

2. The computer hardware and software may not be capable of playing back your video. The choice of codec used in the original recording has a great impact on playback. The h.265 codec plays poorly on older PCs without hardware decoding. The h.264 codec is a better choice for PC hardware generally, at the expense of files that are 3x or 4x as big.

I second this. I also just bought a new laptop.

Quad core i7
16gb ram
4k display
512gb ssd
Microsd slot
Dedicated gpu

I second this. I also just bought a new laptop.

Quad core i7
16gb ram
4k display
512gb ssd
Microsd slot
Dedicated gpu
While I know the OP figured it out that he had a bad card, want to note one thing on the above comment.
"Dedicated gpu" is not always a good thing when it comes to video playback and editing. You want a "Good" dedicated GPU and you may want to checkout exactly what it can encode/decode on chip". Issue with laptops is often intel GPUs are better than low end discreet chip for encode/decode video(not so for gaming) and windows will not recognize this and use the appropriate chip, you need to disable the discrete. I have basically the same laptop you just spec'd above except 1TB NVME and 32gb DDR4 and low end discrete GPU(totally my fault but laptop was still a steal) which is USELESS for video editing and I have to keep disabling it to use Resolve.

While I know the OP figured it out that he had a bad card, want to note one thing on the above comment.
"Dedicated gpu" is not always a good thing when it comes to video playback and editing. You want a "Good" dedicated GPU and you may want to checkout exactly what it can encode/decode on chip". Issue with laptops is often intel GPUs are better than low end discreet chip for encode/decode video(not so for gaming) and windows will not recognize this and use the appropriate chip, you need to disable the discrete. I have basically the same laptop you just spec'd above except 1TB NVME and 32gb DDR4 and low end discrete GPU(totally my fault but laptop was still a steal) which is USELESS for video editing and I have to keep disabling it to use Resolve.
Exactly, the vast majority of problems with MA2 video playback is whether the gpu has hardware accelerated h265 decoding.

Not related but this is also why older tablets/phones are struggling a bit with the DJI Fly app with MA2, the live view is encoded in h265.

I use Premiere, and had to install last year's version for it to work.

But yes, my Nvidia mx150 was giving me problems at first. I updated all the drivers and with last year's PP all seems to be working now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada