DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5.1 Miles With Mavic 2 Pro

Amckim2084

Reactions
I went out with the Mavic 2 Pro to beat my own personal record of 25,162 ft. I was able to get 27,304 ft and landed at 6% battery. I probably could have gotten just a little bit farther if I really pushed it but I kept loosing visual image on my phone so I hit the RTH once I went over 27,000 ft. I submitted this to the Leaderboard to bump myself up from 13th to 10th place. I was so close to 9th though. May have to go back out again lol. Hope you enjoy!!!

I went out with the Mavic 2 Pro to beat my own personal record of 25,162 ft. I was able to get 27,304 ft and landed at 6% battery. I probably could have gotten just a little bit farther if I really pushed it but I kept loosing visual image on my phone so I hit the RTH once I went over 27,000 ft. I submitted this to the Leaderboard to bump myself up from 13th to 10th place. I was so close to 9th though. May have to go back out again lol. Hope you enjoy!!!

I noticed that last update did add quite a bit of distance. I went out over a large body of water 3 1/2 miles and just didn’t have the guts to go further

Reactions: Amckim2084

Lots of farm land. I cant be a distance tester like you. I get to ancy.

It appears like you're in a location like me..I could fly from by back yard to Cucamonga(Jack Benny fans know where that is...It's on the Anaheim Azuza line) without passing over a soul but..I'm thinking...you're eye sight belongs in Ripleys.. :cool:

Have you modify the battery? Any antenna or booster?

Lots of farm land. I cant be a distance tester like you. I get to ancy.
I only do this test in areas like this. Before the 27000 ft success, I went 35000 and turned around at 51%. Only made it back to 14000 ft and had to take it down to a bean field. I was going for a ditch on the side of the rock road but over shot it due to image cutting out lol. I realized after that I went out with the breeze. Marco Polo tracked it down.

Reactions: Pstik
It appears like you're in a location like me..I could fly from by back yard to Cucamonga(Jack Benny fans know where that is...It's on the Anaheim Azuza line) without passing over a soul but..I'm thinking...you're eye sight belongs in Ripleys.. :cool:
lol visibility that day was 10 miles. But yea I see what you mean. That’s why I find the most remote locations.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Have you modify the battery? Any antenna or booster?
I got a range booster coming in the mail but this flight was all stock. I don’t think I will be doing any other mods. When I had P3S I had the DBS Itelite antenna. Loved that thing.

I noticed that last update did add quite a bit of distance. I went out over a large body of water 3 1/2 miles and just didn’t have the guts to go further
I don’t think I’ll ever do long range over water again after my first P3S took a dip. Still never got it back. It was 30 degrees at the start of winter when it went down.

OP do you find that your battery is just as strong as before pulling it down to 6% . I’m always thinking that I will weaken my batteries if I take them too low .[emoji854]

I try to land always with no less than 20% left, but he was just making a personal mark. Well done.

OP do you find that your battery is just as strong as before pulling it down to 6% . I’m always thinking that I will weaken my batteries if I take them too low .[emoji854]
I have two batteries and both have been ran through these tests. In normal flying around, I tend to land somewhere between 10-20% because I just don’t want to stop lol. So now one battery shows 99% life and the other 98% life. Both have been through a basic service once on air data and hasn’t made any difference in the life. I need to get more batteries but they’re so expensive.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot