DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5.5 overheating need help

Interested to know if the repair worked and whether the OP still has overheating issues ?

Interested to know if the repair worked and whether the OP still has overheating issues ?
Still waiting on parts from China it seems DJI is the only one who can do this cooling fan replacement so i'm doing it myself. If you check my post ( Crystalsky 5.5 overheating problem fixed ) you can see my temporary repair that is working with no overheating problems

Still waiting on parts from China it seems DJI is the only one who can do this cooling fan replacement so i'm doing it myself. If you check my post ( Crystalsky 5.5 overheating problem fixed ) you can see my temporary repair that is working with no overheating problems

Weren't Dronenerds able to fix it ?

Weren't Dronenerds able to fix it ?
No they wanted to send it to DJI and its only 4 screws and the cooling fan was ordered from Amazon. Dronernerds did recommend that i try to repair it myself with no charge for looking at it.

Last edited:
Good news my new cooling fan came in so I swapped them out and now it's working great. Thanks DRONENERDS and this Forum for good advice.

Reactions: trungduong
Three days of using my CS 5.5 after replacing the cooling fan and still no overheating warnings. Temps here in Kentucky near 100 and I flew it with my Phantom 3 and Mavic Air.

Reactions: Mil
Hi @careless, can you post the link to the fan you bought from Amazon please?
The fan measured 20x20x5mm part number BSB0205HP-00 DC5V . You can find it with Amazon or aliexpress.com with a 3 wire or 2 wire connector. Just remove the 4 T4 bolts that hold the rear cover then use a spludger to pry open the case.

Thank you very much for the info.

The fan measured 20x20x5mm part number BSB0205HP-00 DC5V . You can find it with Amazon or aliexpress.com with a 3 wire or 2 wire connector. Just remove the 4 T4 bolts that hold the rear cover then use a spludger to pry open the case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS