DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5 dollar drone-registration

If you have your 107 you need to register all your drones over .55 lbs If you do not have the 107 you only need
to register one drone and use the same FAA number for all your drones As of 12/17

Last edited:
Reactions: AAPhoto
If you have your 107 you need to register all your drones over .55 lbs If you do not have the 107 you only need
to register one drone and use the same FAA number for all your drones has of 12/17
your not reg the drone,your reg yourself and can put reg # on multiple drones

Reactions: BIGLUG24
Then why to you put the FAA number on the drone and not on your forehead

cuz you aint flying your head,ur flying your drone;)

Reactions: BIGLUG24
Again, I think it's a really important distinction that seems to get missed a lot. The FAA does not register drones. Tthe $5 registration is for the pilot/drone owner only. DeeCee is right. No one has to register their drones. not even Pt. 107 certified RPICs and you had to know that or you likely could not have passed any Pt. 107 exam!

Again, I think it's a really important distinction that seems to get missed a lot. The FAA does not register drones. Tthe $5 registration is for the pilot/drone owner only. DeeCee is right. No one has to register their drones. not even Pt. 107 certified RPICs and you had to know that or you likely could not have passed any Pt. 107 exam!
Actually, for Part 107, you need to register EACH drone and you will get a unique number for each one.

For hobby/recreation operation, you register yourself and place the same number on all your drones.

Reactions: chazzm and AAPhoto
Actually, for Part 107, you need to register EACH drone and you will get a unique number for each one.

For hobby/recreation operation, you register yourself and place the same number on all your drones.
This is correct. I had the Mavic Pro and just recently purchased the Mavic Air. When I added the drone to my existing commercial registration, it assigned a new number, and charged me another $5. There was no way around it... new drone, new number. Again, this was under the commercial registration, not hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J