DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5 dollar drone-registration

kidroc

Reactions
Good morning all i really need to get an FAA number but everytime i go to sign up they want 47.99 for what i just want my 5 dollar registration.. please help me here is where i tried. drone-registration.net

Good morning all i really need to get an FAA number but everytime i go to sign up they want 47.99 for what i just want my 5 dollar registration.. please help me here is where i tried. drone-registration.net
Just curious which part of that domain name led you to think it was a government run website?

You always want to look for the .gov domain for the FAA sites.

Reactions: BeefStew
I'm in themiddle of a refresh. Does anyone know if I can update my current rehydration, or do I have to purchase a new one?

What do you mean by "refresh" and "rehydration"?

I fell into the same trap when I tried to register...I didn't notice it was an ad for a commercial site, that charges you that much to get a registration number, while the REAL FAA sight is the next one down on the page

I'm in themiddle of a refresh. Does anyone know if I can update my current rehydration, or do I have to purchase a new one?
Do you mean that your drone is currently being refreshed by dji and you want to know if you have to register it when you get the new one? I have heard no it should automatically update but one user said they registered it wrong so I would be on the safe side and call them when u get your new one.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
It has been my understanding that you are no longer required to register your drone if flown for recreation purposes only. Is this a misconception on my part?

Reactions: frank candor
It has been my understanding that you are no longer required to register your drone if flown for recreation purposes only. Is this a misconception on my part?
That changed in December, 2017, all drones over .55# require registration

Reactions: Chirp
It is my understanding that you are basically registering as a drone pilot/owner. It doesn't matter how many drones you own and fly, only one registration with the FAA is required. The same number they give you can be used on all your drones.

It is my understanding that you are basically registering as a drone pilot/owner. It doesn't matter how many drones you own and fly, only one registration with the FAA is required. The same number they give you can be used on all your drones.
correct,i have same # on 4 drones.

That is correct!

What do you mean by "refresh" and "rehydration"?

I'm an idiot. I posted from phone and didn't re-read for auto correct errors.

I'm doing a DJI Care Exchange. Rehydration was supposed to be registration.

Sorry.

I'm an idiot. I posted from phone and didn't re-read for auto correct errors.

I'm doing a DJI Care Exchange. Rehydration was supposed to be registration.

Sorry.
If you are a hobby flyer, then your FAA registration number applies to ALL your drones.

If you are a hobby flyer, then your FAA registration number applies to ALL your drones.

I am 107 certified and do occasionally fly commercially

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf