DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5 pcs filter set

katalin

Reactions
Hi. We bought an used mavic which came with a 5 piece filter set that have no idea about.
It is an MC UV, nd4, nd8, nd16 and nd32.

As a newbie and couldn't find anything similar as a set to mine, I was hoping anyone know about this in particular and could direct me to some user manual.
Or to just get any info from other sets?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20180114_195208.jpg
    20180114_195208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20180114_195224.jpg
    20180114_195224.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Reactions: Goldnail
ND are neutral density each one equivalent to stopping down your camera one additional f-stop (in theory). UV blocks the short wavelength end of the spectrum and can increase contrast by removing blues but mostly can be used if you just want to protect the MP lens.

And I should just pop them on the gimbal?

Could then use all the time like leave it on the UV one? Could it affect the gimbal or the recording?

I wouldn't leave one on all the time as it could set and then you might have a tough time getting it off. In most cases if you're shooting video during the day you'll probably want to use one of the ND filters to dial in your exposure better. Most of the filters out there now will pass gimbal calibration at start up so you'd want to put whatever filter you're going to use on before you fire up the MP.

Reactions: katalin
Reactions: MadValley
I will post pictures with them on as soon as weather will let... if anyone interested.

Here are a few videos that explain why and when you should use an ND filter:

Reactions: katalin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max