DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50% battery gone after 1 mn

pascky999

Reactions
Today i did a nice flight in the Alps and decided to do a second but my spare battery was half charged, I decided to still go ahead as i was just planning to fly 100m around; when i started the battery was above 50%, after 30s the Mavic pro switched to auto landing as the battery was showing 30% and then 2% after 50s; the temperature was below 0 Celsius which was OK for the first flight which last 15 mns and started with a full battery and ended at 45%; I managed to bring it back and landed after a mn with 0 %. Strange behaviour, I uploaded the flight info for any comment.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-12-27_[14-52-46].txt
    183.2 KB · Views: 8
I have read where Go 4 does not accurately estimate battery percentage if starting with a battery that is not fully charged. You also mention flying in the Alps. Was the battery kept warm before flying?

If the battery had been in auto discharge this is to be expected. Auto discharge simply switches in the bleed resistors used during balance charging to drain the cells. Given the expected slight variations in cell characteristics and allowing for resistor tolerances the cells will be out of balance.

Not to mention that 50% battery at rest is going to drop like crazy under a load.

Not true- LiPO Cells have a characteristic flat discharge curve. The problem in this case is the flight is started with an unbalanced pack.

And a very cold pack . Mine will stay at hover until it gets to 15c

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52