DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5000m flight

But it complains about a missing SD card, so I would assume this is FPV only without much chance of taking photos or videos (as these would need to be stored on the unrecognized card).
Yes, it appears to be some kind of DJI test mode as I mentioned earlier. The sd card appears to be not available for photo and video in high power mode or I haven't found a way around this limitation yet.

Yes, it appears to be some kind of DJI test mode as I mentioned earlier. The sd card appears to be not available for photo and video in high power mode or I haven't found a way around this limitation yet.
****, I already got excited :( Well, maybe some one figures out how to get the SD card to show...

****, I already got excited :( Well, maybe some one figures out how to get the SD card to show...
What if you boot the Mini with the txt file card and then after boot you swap the sd card to one without the txt file in it? Will it detect the new card?

maybe if he share the way so we can test it we can figure this out, but he wants to pay for the file... and my posts are dissapearing... strange

1. format sd card with ExFat
2. create *.txt file called ncdo.txt
3. enter into ncdo.txt file:

66 63 63 for 1000mW mode
6d 69 64 for 500mW mode

followed by SHA256 value of your Mavic Mini serial number.
You can use online SHA256 generator to turn your serial number into SHA256 hash: Convert text to sha256 : Timestamp Generator

So for example for 1000mW mode with serial number AC8493299 enter:

66 63 63 f768e57e278014775ad8f20f7a225517529a69a45bbd078028 5a26d84723680a

4. hit save
5. copy the ncdo.txt file to the microSD card
6. make sure Mavic Mini is powered off and insert microSD card
7. power on Mavic Mini
8. Mavic Mini is in high power mode immediately. No need to change any other settings.

Reactions: kds
But factory specs at DJI website say 5.8Ghz @30 dbm and that, to my little RF knowledge means about 1000 mW of power, which it's exactly what this mod claims to obtain. How so? I'm right?

It means that the two models probably have the same transmitters but for FCC they disable the 2.4ghz part and for CE they just bring down the TX power of the 5.8ghz.

Oh I see. I didn't read right, it is a FCC mod for the CE version. Cool then! Hope someone manage to get the sd working.

Well just done a couple of baseline tests and managed 935m on 5.8ghz and 1000 on 2.4ghz. I checked local WiFi and 2.4ghz was fairly busy where I was in the field. Tempted to turn off my high power access points in my attic as at 150m I was still connected to my home wifi

Well just done a couple of baseline tests and managed 935m on 5.8ghz and 1000 on 2.4ghz. I checked local WiFi and 2.4ghz was fairly busy where I was in the field. Tempted to turn off my high power access points in my attic as at 150m I was still connected to my home wifi
did are these results with the mod added?

No. I didn't have confirmation that it was reversible so I did the tests without the mod. I have a set location to stand and a farm building 1km away that I aim for. Both test flights were at 45m. I'll turn off my high power access point in the attic as that can't be helping with the 2.4ghz range. Saying this I was impressed at quite how far it'd go on 5.8ghz without any mods.

Well I decided to head out and see what I could do in the same spot with the mod and got an SD card error despite doing what was outlined in the steps. I then decided to just fly on 2.4ghz on a free spot and see where it takes me. The answer is 1658m before I RTH'd because of crappy signal. I could have sent it higher and further but whats the point.

Attachments

• b0482129-cc56-43dc-8c60-060d839ee3b9.jpeg
    b0482129-cc56-43dc-8c60-060d839ee3b9.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Oglo
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads