DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

5000m flight

Yes. It appears to be working. Needs a bit more testing.
Doesn't require modding the firmware, DJI appears to have implemented some kind of "test mode" that can be permanently enabled.
I have been reading elsewhere that a Mavic Mini bought in the EU uses different hardware to Mini’s sold in the US and therefore are unable to operate in FCC mode. I look forward with interest to reading your test results and details of the text file.

I've tested it on my EU mavic mini and I couldn't get it to work. Went through all the steps and made the txt but the mavic didnt react at all to the file. Taking images still worked and the SD was recognized.

what is the actual point of this thread if you dont like the range of the MM go out and get a mavic 2 pro with occusync

Reactions: JS1600 and Thomas B
what is the actual point of this thread if you dont like the range of the MM go out and get a mavic 2 pro with occusync
I myself am completely satisfied with the MM range with what I'm using it for, I even own a Mavic Pro, 2 Zoom and a Phantom 3 Pro myself that I use for actual Professional shots or things that need long range flight. But when you can push even more performance (range in this case) out of something why shouldn't you.

Reactions: old man mavic
I myself am completely satisfied with the MM range with what I'm using it for, I even own a Mavic Pro, 2 Zoom and a Phantom 3 Pro myself that I use for actual Professional shots or things that need long range flight. But when you can push even more performance (range in this case) out of something why shouldn't you.
i can understand that there are those who would want to do that, i just dont see the point myself

You make a good point. Notwithstanding the reality is that hardware/firmware modding can be a very satisfying pursuit for many people. Why flash modified parameters to an ECU and install a bigger turbo and exhaust when you could just buy the faster model vehicle. It might be the simple answer is because you can and it brings pleasure as a reward. We are wired that way.

You make a good point. Notwithstanding the reality is that hardware/firmware modding can be a very satisfying pursuit for many people. Why flash modified parameters to an ECU and install a bigger turbo and exhaust when you could just buy the faster model vehicle. It might be the simple answer is because you can and it brings pleasure as a reward. We are wired that way.
thats ok if the thing you are modding is up to the job of handling the mods, and does not become a death trap time bomb waiting to go off,i hardly think the effort of modding the mini wharrents the outcome achieved,

Last edited:
Reactions: G Lee
thats ok if the thing you are modding is up to the job of handling the mods, and does not become a death trap time bomb waiting to go off,i hardly think the effort of modding the mini wharrents the outcome achieved,
A reasonable position to take- obviously. I could easily make a long list of things others do I might consider pointless. A lot of what interests me would almost certainly end up on their lists also I expect. That is life as we know it. I constantly field the “why bother doing that” question about various of my pursuits. Pretty much everything I own has some form of modification. I enjoy it.

A reasonable position to take- obviously. I could easily make a long list of things others do I might consider pointless. A lot of what interests me would almost certainly end up on their lists also I expect. That is life as we know it. I constantly field the “why bother doing that” question about various of my pursuits. Pretty much everything I own has some form of modification. I enjoy it.
thats the great thing about this forum we can have, and give our opinions in a civilised manner its a shame when sometimes people forget that its been a pleasure talking to you on this subject and i look forwards to discussing other issues with you in the future

nicely put. I live squarely in your camp.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead