DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

60fps 2.7k at night

Make sure you're using f/2.8 as that will allow the most light to reach the sensor. You can lower your shutter speed but don't go too far as that will introduce motion blur. I've not received my m2p yet but you're probably asking a bit much of it and doubt you'll be able to get anything usable but hope I'm wrong!

Haven't tried mine at night yet, but I always shoot in 2.7@60 fps. I find the footage to be smooth.

By shooting at 60fps you are halving the amount of light you're capable of gathering. Shoot 30 at night unless you REALLY need 60...

Reactions: bobomet
Haven't tried mine at night yet, but I always shoot in 2.7@60 fps. I find the footage to be smooth.
how is the footage from a quality standpoint compared to 2.7@30 ?

I remember the MP1 had a terrible 1080@60 mode. Back then, they had said any framerate above 30 was meant to be used with Goggles with lower latency etc, hence no real quality was to be expected in that mode.

I'm wondering if the situation is any better now?

Haven't compared them on the mavic 2 yet. I use to always shoot in 30fps until I had issues with that on my phantom 4 obsidian for some reason. I switched to 60fps and have really liked it. I even switched my gopro footage to 60fps as well. I like to mix the footage I get when I'm traveling. Have to keep the fps the same on both or you will have issues when you render your final video.

I think the problem with the MP1 was the 60Mbps video bitrate and that 1080P/60 required 100mbps and this is why shooting 60fps looked worse. The bitrate wasn't fast enough.

To the original poster... nighttime shooting will require 2.8 no matter what. Also try shooting at 30fps or even 24fps for night time. This helps lower the ISO. This is your only solution. Even as good as the 1" sensor is... it's still pretty bad at higher ISO.

What do you mean? Using a software update?
Combination of hardware and software.
There are 2 Mavic Pro mainboard versions. If you have the newer one (that started shipping around May last year from estimations) or a Platinum (all of them have the new rev) AND firmware > v01.03.0800 then 1080p60 is perfectly fine.

I think the problem with the MP1 was the 60Mbps video bitrate and that 1080P/60 required 100mbps and this is why shooting 60fps looked worse. The bitrate wasn't fast enough.
Nothing to do with bitrate, it was the camera's processor being too slow to do proper anti-aliased scaling.
The later mainboard rev has an upgraded camera processor and that's now capable of doing a better job.

Nothing of it is documented by DJI but it was determined by the community through testing and teardowns.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23